Cherokee Hills Grips doing fine in hot, humid summer

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by rblondon, Jul 18, 2020.

1. rblondon

rblondon Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Cherokee Hills Grips

After six weeks of near daily wear against bare skin in Kentucky’s 80-95++ degree heat with humidity pushing the temperature to over 100, you can see the Gaboon Ebony grips from Bob at Cherokee Hills Grips are doing just fine.

To date, I’ve noted no discoloration of the grip material, no shrinkage and no change in the texture. Most pleasing to me, there’s been no chafing of bare skin at the 3:30 - 4 o’clock position with the Nighthawk Counselor wearing the grips against my skin. The covering garments have been t-shirts, simple pullovers and floppy special fabric shirts. The grips provide plenty of traction for the 9mm round without catching on shirt fabric.

For those who might have missed the initial photos, here’s a couple to answer requests - showing the corners and the fitting above the gun’s mag well and up around the top, as well as the stippling texture inlaid around the Celtic cross.

Cherokee Hills has the fitting down pat for the Counselor. Got a Counselor? Want different grips? Give Cherokee Hills a call.

Attached Files:

Dub, 41 Charlie, Gripwright and 9 others like this.
  2. TheCollector

TheCollector Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2018
    What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^
    I have several sets from @Gripwright in Gaboon Ebony.
    In my opinion it is one of the woods that Bob uses that can be all business & fine lookin.

Gripwright and JM44 like this.

3. cherokee2u

cherokee2u Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    He is carving up a set for me in Gaboon Ivory - the infamous Skull and Roses

Gripwright and JM44 like this.
  4. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    Jeez I swear even the nonclassified threads on this forum cost me money. Just had a custom gaboon ebony set made by wood caliber, looks like I need to email Bob now for some...OP thanks for this report and nice grips!

5. Gripwright

Gripwright Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Thanks, @rblondon . It helps to get a field report, and I'm glad they're holding up well. @TheCollector is right about Gaboon Ebony....it's a work horse and beautiful to boot. I love the results, but man is it rough on tools and blades!

cherokee2u and Integrity Arms like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted