1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am honored that Bob * @Gripwright * would privilege me with some of the world’s most sought after pieces of wood. A small legacy of “The Tree.” (please watch link provided…. )
http://symphontreemusic.com/the-legend-of-the-tree/

What he did was pure artistry & skill at its finest. The thin blanks were painstakingly bonded to some fine Ebony to create not only the thickness that I requested but also producing a beautiful frame to display nature’s art.

I explained to Bob that these grips would take their place on my favorite 1911,
never to be sold by me but to become an heirloom to be passed on to my family, hopefully for generations to come.

Yes, I am extremely grateful and humbled to be offered the opportunity to work with him on a pair of grips such as these.

I have included several of the photos that he took before shipping them. I requested he do so from different angles so you can see the Magic of the wood and how it shimmers as the light moves across them. My cell phone camera cannot capture that. It actually even looks 100x better in person & natural sunlight. ……But then it should, that’s where they were created.

IMG_2308 (2).jpg
IMG_2312 (2).jpg
Grips tree mine 1.jpg
Grips tree mine 4.jpg
Grips tree mine 5.jpg
View attachment 234149

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All three sets delivered today.... WHAT a DAY!!!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Simply amazing!

Reactions: TheCollector

·
Registered
793 Posts
Big congrats on the haul, Bob does it again.

The mahogany set is crazy, wow!!

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big congrats on the haul, Bob does it again.

The mahogany set is crazy, wow!!
Crazy would have been if I said I wasn't interested in the offer!!!!

·
Registered
551 Posts
:)
I am honored that Bob * @Gripwright * would privilege me with some of the world’s most sought after pieces of wood. A small legacy of “The Tree.” (please watch link provided…. )
http://symphontreemusic.com/the-legend-of-the-tree/

What he did was pure artistry & skill at its finest. The thin blanks were painstakingly bonded to some fine Ebony to create not only the thickness that I requested but also producing a beautiful frame to display nature’s art.

I explained to Bob that these grips would take their place on my favorite 1911,
never to be sold by me but to become an heirloom to be passed on to my family, hopefully or generations to come.

Yes, I am extremely grateful and humbled to be offered the opportunity to work with him on a pair of grips such as these.

I have included several of the photos that he took before shipping them. I requested he do so from different angles so you can see the Magic of the wood and how it shimmers as the light moves across them. My cell phone camera cannot capture that. It actually even looks 100x better in person & natural sunlight. ……But then it should, that’s where they were created.

View attachment 234135 View attachment 234137 View attachment 234143 View attachment 234145 View attachment 234147 View attachment 234149
Thank you, it's a pleasure to see them on your guns. I really wish I had an avenue to get more of "The Tree" wood, but it was sheer happenstance that brought it to me...I didn't even know what it was. This was the last of mine, and I don't foresee getting more. It's that rare. I think there's still a set of slims on the website, the only set I listed there. What a joy it is to work! If there's any light in the room, this stuff catches it and just seems to glow. Not blowing my own horn, but I think it looks fantastic on your CCH Wilson. The way it picks up the colors is really nice.

Thanks again for the chance to make unique things. Speaking of which, have we seen
redacted.gif
yet?

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:)

Thank you, it's a pleasure to see them on your guns. I really wish I had an avenue to get more of "The Tree" wood, but it was sheer happenstance that brought it to me...I didn't even know what it was. This was the last of mine, and I don't foresee getting more. It's that rare. I think there's still a set of slims on the website, the only set I listed there. What a joy it is to work! If there's any light in the room, this stuff catches it and just seems to glow. Not blowing my own horn, but I think it looks fantastic on your CCH Wilson. The way it picks up the colors is really nice.

Thanks again for the chance to make unique things. Speaking of which, have we seen Baby Groot yet?
Shsssssssssssssssh about Baby Groot!!!! The slide is out getting finished now and should be back in a couple weeks.

·
Just outsided the realm of Crazy!
1,837 Posts
Man that's some classy work!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: ORShooter

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,150 Posts
Snazzy shoes there for sure!

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reactions: ZoidMeister

·
5,150 Posts
As a guitar guy and an old wood worker the time I spent on the website was special.
They make some spectacular looking guitars!

·
5,150 Posts
Thanks for finding me another place to spend money @TheCollector:eek:.o:
I just ordered these from @Gripwright for my SS Valor project with @Steve Owens.

5A431A4E-BDC6-4E64-B0C0-21F32D5B6BBE.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks for finding me another place to spend money @TheCollector:eek:.o:
I just ordered these from @Gripwright for my SS Valor project with @Steve Owens.

View attachment 234513
@Gripwright

Very Nice Kenny!!

An almost "unknown" fact.... I am a silent (or not so silent) partner in Cherokee Hills Exotic Grips.
Its what supports my 1911 addiction.

Everyone .................. I'm KIDDING!!!!!! :grin::grin:

Disclaimer..... no promotional fees paid by Bob..... or anyone.

Reactions: FredZ

·
5,150 Posts
I was in the process of boxing your grips for shipment, so I'll take this opportunity to say "thank you"!
Thank you sir. I feel that we will be doing more business.
I am sending you a PM for a order request.

Kenny

1 - 20 of 27 Posts