Chiappa Delayed Blowback 1911

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Bugs, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  2. 20South

20South Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I will wait on the reviews and sure won't be first in line. Most folks I know that have shot the Rhino have had good things to say about it though.

3. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Sounds promising. Can't wait to see one.

4. Gress

Gress Don't need no education Supporting Addict

Nov 21, 2011
    interesting.

5. DAT85

DAT85 BIG OL' BALD HAID ! Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
    I hope it's built better than their .22 1911's :puke:

DAT85

6. Samcro

Samcro US Army Retired 1911 Supporting Addict

Nov 19, 2011
    Delay Blow back ? damn like i need another reason to think my ammo is crap .... why would any one do such a thing ?

Sam

7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    Their Rhino revolver looks to be pretty good. I would imagine this 1911 should take the same QC.

I too didn't care for their 1911-22 guns.

8. asiparks

asiparks Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Chiappa seem good at lifting ideas from other places...Company called NGC had a similar design a while back, it was a conversion kit with a barrel that pinned to your frame.
    Played with the Rhinos at Shot. They might handle well but they feel like air soft versions of the original Mateba revolver

9. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    Interesting, but not thank you; it is definitely not my cup of tea.

10. deadguy

deadguy Jack Welch Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Someone explain the physics of the delayed blowback and the reasoning behind it. Please.

11. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Ya, would someone please explain it to this dumby? Hahah I mean who doesn't know about that?.....

12. Kruzr

Kruzr Hangin' In Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    In a blowback gun, the barrel is fixed and both the projectile and the spent casing move at the same time in opposite directions. The breech is not locked and is free to move back. The momentum of the bullet and the gases pushing the empty against the breech cause the gun to cycle.

In a delayed blowback, the cycling is very slightly slowed down by not using all the energy available. Venting gases reduces the force available to push the cartridge back against the breech.

In a 1911, it is a delayed recoil operation since the barrel imparts momentum to the slide. The breech is locked by the barrel locking lugs when the gun goes bang. The slide starts to move (only about 0.10 inch) when the explosion happens but the barrel isn't fully unlocked and linking down until the bullet is gone.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  13. killaguhrilla

killaguhrilla recent convert

Dec 19, 2011
    so the theory is that, since the motion of the slide is delayed, it imparts greater accuracy as the barrel stays on target longer?

14. Kruzr

Kruzr Hangin' In Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    That and less felt recoil, less things banging around so the frame can be lighter for small calibers. As you increase the energy of the round, you have to start beefing up the platform.

15. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
  16. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    The Chiappa .22 has a fixed barrel and is very accurate but is a piece of crap compared to a GSG .22.

17. deadguy

deadguy Jack Welch Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Kruzr thank you for that detailed explanation.

I'm sure Fish appreciates it too. Lol

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted