Chip McCormick easy fit 1911 sear

Discussion in '1911 Gunsmithing' started by Mike A, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mike A

Mike A Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 19, 2017
    I just bought a Chip McCormick Easy fit 1911 sear Sunday at a swap meet.
    So the guy who sold it to me said he installed one & took it to a Local Gun Smith who
    said it was good to go. Gun smiths like Mechanics come in all flavors so who knows if he knows what he is talking about. This is why am asking for some knowledgeable answers.

So installing is easy but how do I safety check it? Is it just this sear or do all brand 1911 sears need a safety check? I have put a bunch of sears in the Ruger 10/22 & they all work fine. What is different about a 1911 sear?

I got it for $5.00 & do not need a sear unless it is somehow better than the ones in my Colts.
    Just curious as how to safety check a new sear. You never know when you may need to replace one. Thanks in advance.

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011

3. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
  4. Mike A

Mar 19, 2017
    While safety checks are an important part of any work done on a firearm. As I said there is no drop in part that can be expected
    to perform perfectly. So every job must be done right or take it to a competent Gun Smith!

So for the above question, I posted the answer I found & must be done right.

https://www.m1911.org/technic20.htm
    Every job has a right & a wrong way to get it done. I only understand the right way. That's why I have both my eyes & all ten fingers at age 66.

5. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Stick with the Colt sear.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted