1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a hankering for a new 9mm, and I’ve located two that fit the bill. I respect the opinions and experience of the folks here and would like some help spending money (BUT DON’T SAY TO BUY BOTH...IT AIN’T HAPPENING).
The two I’m looking at are a STI Staccato C and a WC Ultralight Carry Compact. There’s about $1500 difference in price between the used guns I’m looking at. Whichever I buy will be included in my carry rotation.
Thanks in advance for the input.:thumbs:

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,787 Posts
I would buy the more expensive one first (Wilson) because it’s easier for me to justify buying the other one later because it’s not that much compared to the first one;);)

If I could only buy one I would buy the STI simply because I would like to try one and don’t have one! I’ve got Wilson’s as well as the rest of the big guys but no STIs!
Haha I made a funny:roflmaro:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would buy the more expensive one first (Wilson) because it’s easier for me to justify buying the other one later because it’s not that much compared to the first one;);)

If I could only buy one I would buy the STI simply because I would like to try one and don’t have one! I’ve got Wilson’s as well as the rest of the big guys but no STIs!
Haha I made a funny:roflmaro:
I’ve owned several STI’s (still have a Shadow), and I know they build a good gun. I’ve also owned several Wilsons including a ULCC 45, and I liked it (but not as much as my best friend).

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
doe s that store have a range too? does the gun store allow you to try their used guns? I knew one that did and would. made choices a lot easier.

that said -I agree with @baboonbobo..buy the wilson first

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve posted in the 9mm thread about the problems I’ve had getting the ULCC to run reliably, and after a couple hundred more rounds and leaving the slide locked back for about 24 hours, even the cheap ball ammo is cycling now. I really like this gun, but it’s going to take a lot more shooting with no hiccups for me to include it in my carry rotation.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I’ve posted in the 9mm thread about the problems I’ve had getting the ULCC to run reliably, and after a couple hundred more rounds and leaving the slide locked back for about 24 hours, even the cheap ball ammo is cycling now. I really like this gun, but it’s going to take a lot more shooting with no hiccups for me to include it in my carry rotation.
Have you tried lighter recoil springs?
Since it's starting to run after some shooting may be as simple as lighting the recoil spring.
Ten when you replace it you won't go through the same drama. Just a thought!

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Have you tried lighter recoil springs?
Since it's starting to run after some shooting may be as simple as lighting the recoil spring.
Ten when you replace it you won't go through the same drama. Just a thought!
I ended up locking the slide back for a couple days...problem solved! I’ve shot about 600 rounds through it, and it cycles any and all ammo I’ve tried.:thumbs: My Kimber mag is still not locking the slide back every time, but the Wilson mags function perfectly in the gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.