Chris Kyle or Jesse Ventura....Who Did You Believe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nalajr, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all.

I ran into a few videos a day ago about Chris Kyle and his memorial service. Then as I had the TV on just now I looked up and what was showing on A&E? American Sniper. So, I thought I’d ask and see what you all think if the dust up that happened between Chris Kyle and Jesse Ventura.

There are those that are very enthusiastic supporters on both sides of this story. I’ve never heard or read that the story was confirmed one way or the other. If it has, I apologize for bringing this up and please tell me the outcome.

Anyway, do you think Chris Kyle punched Jesse Ventura out for running his mouth about the SEALs that were lost in battle and the war we were in or do you believe the exact opposite that Jesse says NOTHING happened and Chris Kyle lied about the whole thing?
    Many cite that Kyle told some gargantuan whoppers in his book that are proven falsehoods and this is but another one of the numerous lies he told.

I don’t want to cause any ill will or bad feelings here, just a friendly discussion.

Lastly, no matter what you believe about Chris Kyle and his stories, he was an American HERO that was taken far too soon by a fellow soldier that he was trying to help with his mental problems. He will be missed my many for sure. Huge sympathy for his wife and family.

Ok, what’s your opinion of it all? Does anyone actually KNOW what happened or not?

Thanks for your time and stay safe from the Chinese Bugs.

Larry

UBOATDOC likes this.
  2. Fatbob Frank

Fatbob Frank Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Feb 5, 2014
    Not to quote Hillary but -at this point what difference does it make?

3. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    Telling stories ain’t lying.

Capthobo, FWoo45, Kip and 3 others like this.
  4. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    In any kind of disagreement the truth is somewhere in the middle.

kev1mil, ILED93, Tnj1911 and 3 others like this.
  5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    I’m in the Kyle camp.....NEVER believe what a Politician tells you.

6. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Jessie is a lying scumbag. He deserved more.

Gimpster, Razer and 1L26 like this.
  7. Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red Make it a double Supporting Addict

Jul 12, 2015
    Anybody catch that show about Ventura and aliens? I think it’s on the history channel. That shows you how full of crap he is. He is a shill. A has been. He may have been a good man at one point but that is gone.

john_anch_ak, Roehl and UBOATDOC like this.
  8. 9mm4evr

9mm4evr Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2018
    Look what state voted him Gov I rest my case.

Gimpster, Ethanol Red and JM44 like this.
  9. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I don’t think Kyle’s story is 100% but believe the situation tends to lean more towards his story line.
    I don’t trust Jesse because his whole life is based on being a showman and fake, so.....

I do tend to side with a real American hero that hundreds of our military men/woman had trusted their lives to:usa:

10. Badguybuster

Badguybuster Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2018
    The fact that heroes like Chris Kyle and Pat Tillman are no longer with us but "The Mouth" JV still is......maked me sad

colrhino, Gimpster, Bender and 2 others like this.
  11. Au Jus in Bello

Au Jus in Bello Well-Known Member

May 19, 2017
    Given that none of us knows or has any meaningful way of deducing, replies will say significantly more about each of us than what did or didn't happen between Kyle and Ventura.

colrhino likes this.
  12. sidewaysil80

sidewaysil80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 29, 2014
    Considering Chris Kyle blatantly and definitively lied about a couple other things (super dome during Katrina, gas station shooting, awards) AND this actually went to court and multiple witnesses from that night...to include the owner of bar corroborated Ventura’s story...to the point where court sided with him...I believe Ventura.

Kyle did great things for this country but had a history of tall tales and embellishments.

henryt likes this.
  13. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    I am going to continue to side with Chris Kyle. Jesse was at one time probably worthy of some deference and respect.....now....not so much.

14. sidewaysil80

sidewaysil80 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 29, 2014
    Screw facts...it’s a popularity contest lol

Joni Lynn and henryt like this.
  15. Au Jus in Bello

Au Jus in Bello Well-Known Member

May 19, 2017
    The story of the human condition right there. ;)

Joni Lynn and hpguru like this.
  16. Roehl

Roehl Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2019
    One is an American hero, the other is a POS. Kyle has been proven to be a fabricator but who wouldn’t want to punch Ventura? So in the end, does it matter? RIP Chris Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Brennerman

Brennerman Well-Known Member

May 12, 2020
    I believe Chris is a hero, now the spat with Jesse. I do not care about it. Also being a war hero does not make a good person either. We can look at several US war heroes and they were not the most Christian of folks.

I have a friend, great guy. I can trust him with my life, yet I don't believe half of his stories about his accomplishments. Everyone has their quirks about them.

colrhino likes this.
  18. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Kyle. And for the “POS” JV to go after his wife after his death is down right disgraceful.

Gimpster, Roehl and Joni Lynn like this.
  19. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Yep.....scumbag chasing a paycheck

Gimpster, Babboonbobo, Roehl and 2 others like this.
  20. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    If ever a Navy Seal could be stripped of rank post quest than Jesse Ventura would be at the top of my list.

Gimpster, 1L26 and Roehl like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted