1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Christiansen Commander with Damascus Steel slude

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RkyMtn 
#1 ·
Looking at a Christiansen Commander .45 with a Damascus Steel slide.....pretty 1911 but opinions vary in the magazines and on the Internet on Some of the gunsmithing for a gun of this price.....opinions??

#3 ·
Yep, I agree....really tight slide fit....feels like a Les Baer just out of the box...the Damascus slide adds something like $1800 to the base price, bringing these up to a nicely upgraded Wilson or Nighthawk, and does not add anything from what I can see to accuracy or reliability....

#6 ·
Beautiful semi-custom 1911 that I'd expect would shoot as good as it looks....the Damascus steel slide is gorgeous....it catches my eye every time I pass the case at the local gun shop.....but I think I'll continue to pass it by for now....I was hoping that someone might comment on the functional advantage of the slide....

PWS
(WC CQB Elite .45, WC CQB 9mm, WC CQB Compact 9mm; NHC Shadowhawk 9mm, NHC BobMarvel 9mm, NHC Flacon .45; Colt WW1 .45)

#7 ·
Ok, I owned a Christensen commander with a Ti frame and SS slide. The fit and finish was good, the trigger was acceptable and it was accurate. However, their CS is abysmal, and the feedramp was not at the correct angle, the ejector came loose and the extractor broke. If I wanted to send it back, I paid the freight. I replaced the extractor with a WC and the ejector with an EGW. There is no one in my area that can machine Ti so the ramp stayed, it would only feed ball, I sold it.

#8 ·
I had a 1911 damascus slide gun back in the day. I wound up selling as it was a little high maintenance with the non-nickel metal developing rust all the time just from my finger oils. Never carried it. I wound up having gunsmith coating it with a clear-coat and that seemed to be the trick for protecting the metal from being corroded. I do like the Christiansen arms pistol, as I have a 5" version that is a pleasure to shoot and they did a fabulous job making it very egronomic (beveling the frame's grip edges as one example). I got to shoot both the commander and the 5" and felt the 5" handled better while shooting.

• Helpful
Reactions: Laislo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.