1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She asked me what I wanted. I gave her a small list. A shield 45 was on the list, I already had a holster for it.

SO she asked me about it in more detail. I explained I was carrying a Micro 9 and would like to upgrade to a larger caliber.

So she bought me a Shield 2.0 45 with grip activated green laser.
I have been shooting it quite a bit. Probably have more than 500 rounds through it. No malfunctions. I tried a few loads and some hand loads. Every time I shoot it, the 185 HPs I loaded for it shoot the best.

Today after an hour of messing with it, I shot a 5 shot group at 25 yards standing with the preferred ammo. Here is the target. I had to move the laser up just a teeny big fro the factory setting. Iron sights are right on.

Gun Firearm Trigger Black Gun accessory

I went home and loaded up a bunch more. These were chrono from this gun. Factory Remington 230 ball came up at 750 fps. Remington HP came up at 738 fps with an SD of 5. My 185 JHP hand loads are 950 fps SD 15.

She carries a Micro Carry (380). I had her shoot my Micro 9. She said it hurt. She can shoot the shield. She can pull the slide back and shoot it pretty well. She does not like it because the grip is rough like sand paper.

I loaded some 230 ball to 828 fps. It has one heck of a wallop. I can shoot it, but its tough.
Trigger is good, slide release is easy and safety goes on and off with my thumb.
David

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Them has gotta be some smokin' rounds: my Hornady manual says 8.0 gr of CFE Pistol is the max load for a 185 gr 45 ACP round. I actually just got done doing 300 rounds of 185 gr. FTX bullets (the same bullets that Hornady uses in their Critical Defense round) with 7.6 gr of CFE, with the intent to mimic the 45 ACP Critical Defense ballistics.

Regardless, congrats on the present! Having a wife that will buy you what you want, instead of a spatula, is a treasure.

CC

Reactions: Kip

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
We Have many 1911 and she shoots them all. She is next to me every bullseye and steel bowling pin match. We both shoot 2 matches a week and one day at the range.

The Dillon is busy .

Crew chief, I wanted 5” ballistics from the 3.3” barrel. Hodgun says I have 0.1 grains to max. I am loading the rest of the box of 500. That group amazed me. Not changing a thing. Even using the same brass.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.