1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
Hard chrome isn't difficult to keep clean but a coating of either Flitz Wax or Renaissance Wax would make it even easier to wipe off powder residue. Or get some of @ZoidMeister 's Miracle Cloths.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nice looking Baer. The magwell looks great! Can you tell me if that's a Baer factory Magwell or after market.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ted, I got it done at baer, trigger, blended magwell, hard chrome and had them fix a rust divot. $750
Thanks for the info. I might send in my UTC for a magwell. Enjoy that great looking 19911. Cheers.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
Hard chrome isn't difficult to keep clean but a coating of either Flitz Wax or Renaissance Wax would make it even easier to wipe off powder residue. Or get some of @ZoidMeister 's Miracle Cloths.
You need to PM the @ZoidMeister. He will steer you the right direction. The Miracle Man!
You beat me to it @HooDoo Man . I was thinking the same thing!

I am still waiting for my resupply to ship to me, but I did have three wayward cloths find their way back to me, so I now have one three pack . . . . . .

·
Pigtails and butter please...
2,909 Posts
Chrome guns are very easy to clean. Just shoot it and then wipe it off afterwards. Nothing special needed.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a few AR-15 HC bolt carriers. They just wipe clean. Next to NP3 one of my favorite finishes. I wouldn't use Flitz as it will polish it. A little oil on rag would be my choice.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,592 Posts
I have a few AR-15 HC bolt carriers. They just wipe clean. Next to NP3 one of my favorite finishes. I wouldn't use Flitz as it will polish it. A little oil on rag would be my choice.
In addition to their polish, Flitz makes a wax specifically designed for guns and knives as a surface protectant. Good stuff.
https://www.flitz.com/rifle-gun-knife-wax/

Reactions: Dub
1 - 15 of 15 Posts