1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Lou1, this one took a little bit and just arrived back from the finisher on Monday.. This is wearing a Chromium Nitride finish that is 1500-2300 vickers hard. Like DLC it is a PVD finish and is very, very durable. Both pistols (other to be posted soon) are bead blasted with the CN over Carbon Steel, I do believe it would turn much brighter with SS under. But, on this pistol we were going for a finish that resembled the original Satin Nickel finish that this started with. I think we got close. This thing is not only a looker, it is also a shooter. This gun was a full up build with the exception of much cosmetics, but a new Kart barrel, slide to frame fit, new sights, btgs, HD full fit ejector, BP extractor.. Reliability job so forth. Turned out really nice I think. Will be posting a few pics of a ACW Prime done as well next. Sorry about pics weather has been nasty here for 2 weeks barely a drop of sunshine and with as busy as I am these got rushed a bit.
Colt Combat cmdr 9.jpg
Colt combat cmdr 8.jpg
Colt combat cmdr 7.jpg
Colt Combat cmdr 6.jpg
Colt Combat cmdr 5.jpg
Colt combat cmdr 4.jpg
Colt Combat cmdr 3.jpg
Colt combat cmdr 2.jpg
Colt Combat cmdr 1.jpg
Colt Combat cmdr.jpg

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,052 Posts
Beautiful

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
I love that finish!
Maybe time to send something for a face lift.

oh yeah.... I see the thumb is re-wrapped.

Reactions: Integrity Arms

·
What me worry ?
11,089 Posts
Beautiful finish , I’m interested to learn how well the finish holds up
Under hard use and everyday carry.
the build is nice , does one receive the handsome bandage with it ??
(Didn’t think you were going to get away easy did ya) :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
S
@Lou1, this one took a little bit and just arrived back from the finisher on Monday.. This is wearing a Chromium Nitride finish that is 1500-2300 vickers hard. Like DLC it is a PVD finish and is very, very durable. Both pistols (other to be posted soon) are bead blasted with the CN over Carbon Steel, I do believe it would turn much brighter with SS under. But, on this pistol we were going for a finish that resembled the original Satin Nickel finish that this started with. I think we got close. This thing is not only a looker, it is also a shooter. This gun was a full up build with the exception of much cosmetics, but a new Kart barrel, slide to frame fit, new sights, btgs, HD full fit ejector, BP extractor.. Reliability job so forth. Turned out really nice I think. Will be posting a few pics of a ACW Prime done as well next. Sorry about pics weather has been nasty here for 2 weeks barely a drop of sunshine and with as busy as I am these got rushed a bit. View attachment 445405 View attachment 445409 View attachment 445411 View attachment 445413 View attachment 445415 View attachment 445417 View attachment 445419 View attachment 445421 View attachment 445423 View attachment 445425
Steve it looks like you’ve done it again. Looks awesome and can’t wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful finish , I’m interested to learn how well the finish holds up
Under hard use and everyday carry.
the build is nice , does one receive the handsome bandage with it ??
(Didn’t think you were going to get away easy did ya) :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro:
The finish is very, very similar to DLC.. On the vickers hardness scale from 1500-2300 DLC starts at 1800. Finish is really durable..

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Beautiful build, gorgeous Colt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention
238 Posts
@Integrity Arms

Steve,

Speaking of sleeper's - when I first glanced at the 6th picture from the top, I thought you were wearing a "one-sy" (sp) lol!

Beautiful pistol, I really like the shade, and the satin appearance would be great even shooting in bright sunshine.

Once again you have created a pistol to be proud of!

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,016 Posts
More pics of that finish and build please

1 - 20 of 20 Posts