1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most folks who have been around 1911's for even a little bit will have heard of Chuck and seen at least some photos of his work. Some are lucky enough to have shot or carry / carried his work. Anyone who has seen or handled it knows full well that his work is absolutely the finest, off the charts good.

What folks may not know is what an incredibly nice and generous man he is. He has always picked up the phone when I have called and he has more than once reached out to me with assistance or advice. The man as an individual is off the charts & that should be recognized, that is all.

Thanks @pistolwretch

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
I agree with you simonp. I cannot recall how many times he has helped me or answered a question I have had.

Top notch person that would sure be fun to do some night chootin’ wiff and then hang by a good fire. Have heard many stories and it just sounds like the good life to me, and he has it figgered out. (a little bit of the old chat box lingo, lol…)

Good thing he‘s not retiring until 2035!

·
Registered
801 Posts
...and I say without reservation: The GOAT
No one has ever put out the quality/quantity of true custom work that he has/continues to. I outfitted my Daughter with a Rogers Precision. My Grandsons will each have one waiting when they are of sufficient age. I can give no higher praise than that. I choose to protect those things I find most precious with his artistry/craftsmanship of the martial arms.

·
The Tinker
4,071 Posts
He told me once that he really liked my comp work. And he has complimented me on a few threads where I post some of my work. That really meant a lot to me, coming from him.

·
@ptpartners_tx
124 Posts
Chuck is a man of his word. In the small and I MEAN small circle of true craftsman you will find Chuck. I am very fortunate to have one and another in line in about 4 or 5 years.

They are well worth the wait.

·
Chambers Custom Owners Club
2,633 Posts
I appreciate and like this thread!! Although I don’t have any work from Chuck, I sure would like to own one! I don’t know the man well, but will say this… The four or five times we have talked through phone or email, he’s been a stand up guy. IMO, that’s really that’s all one can ask for!

Here’s to @pistolwretch… Cheers
B

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Chuck is a great solid guy. I sold my house near his moved to PHX for a while, and just returned to Prescott, reconnecting with Chuck is on my to do list. You won’t find a more knowledgeable, friendly, willing to help guy out there, plus he is the Mozart of the 1911 world.

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Great gunsmiff!
Great guy. And I consider him a great friend.
If you don’t own a Rogers 1911, you need to try one. 👍🏻👍🏻
I’ll agree on all points but I doubt that the last will ever happen for me. I have a gun that he did some light work on and another in his safe for some other minor stuff. He’s a great guy and the apex 1911 smiff by all accounts, mine, those here, and others that are highly respected in the industry. His books are closed and no amount of begging and pleading could get him to open em. While unfortunate for me, I respect that. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of his full builds for sale at any price though so I’m probably SOL.

·
Registered
6,315 Posts
Chuck was the first guy that started giving me advice on my builds many years ago and I have had the pleasure of being in his shop multiple times to have him work on parts of my builds. The industry would not be where it’s at without him.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,144 Posts
If I would of started in the Biz about 10 years sooner, Chuck would of had a permanent resident camped out on his front lawn.. I have not handled a ton of Customs but, have been privileged enough to handle from at least a couple dozen top guys, and have collaborated on a few with Chuck ( one coming soon ) and well there just isn't enough good things to say about Chuck...as a human being and a Smith.. "Yep there is a difference lol" A picture is worth 1000 words, his craftsmanship, and level of detail is off the hook... As well as his character and heart.. Great all around person period..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yup, Chuck is a stand up guy and was recently kind enough to help me on something I inquired about 13 years ago when I had my Valor getting worked on by another smith. Would love to get a pistol fully worked over from him but it appears that won’t happen in my lifetime. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts