1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I’ve been wanting to try out a comped/ ported gun so begins my latest project gun. I recently purchased a Staccato P DPO as the base gun. I was wondering if anyone owned or has had the opportunity to shoot a pistol with either the Cutter Machine Works chunk port or the Vulcan Machine Werks Stacc-port? I welcome any first hand knowledge or either. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I've thought abut a comp. For my P DPO, I was going to contact Staccato about doing it but not sure they will. I've seen both the Chunk Port and the Stacc-Port, I like the Stacc-Port better. You would think that some of the other 2011 companies would offer that service, and voiding the Warranty doesn't bother me, cause I've already done that by changing out the Grip Module's on my 4.14, and DPO the real problem is that they use Cerakote rather than offering to send it of for the DLC finish that is way more durable.

Reactions: NeTx

·
Registered
593 Posts
How effective are these aftermarket comp modifications compared to the factory comp on the XC?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
Following...

surely there’s someone who can pull together a stock P, Stacc Port, and Chunk Port! Add an. c to the mix for extra credit. Then send them all to me to try out...

what worries me about the stacc port is they say it doesn’t work with all ammo. That could be fine but would be very annoying if it doesn’t like to shoot what you like to shoot. Does anyone know if the chunk port drills the rifling out of the front of the barrel at the port? Seems like they must.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Following...

surely there’s someone who can pull together a stock P, Stacc Port, and Chunk Port! Add an. c to the mix for extra credit. Then send them all to me to try out...

what worries me about the stacc port is they say it doesn’t work with all ammo. That could be fine but would be very annoying if it doesn’t like to shoot what you like to shoot. Does anyone know if the chunk port drills the rifling out of the front of the barrel at the port? Seems like they must.
I have a friend with a stock P, I own a stock Tactical 4.0" (2019 P), I'm stacc porting a c2 and potentially chunk porting a C, does that count? LOL

From what I've gotten from various IG lives with Vulcan, it works with all ammo using a factory recoil spring. For the Chunk port, they need to go with a lighter spring. Not sure if Cutter drills out the rifling like they did with the project one that was built (vulcan cut "main port", removed rifling just before the port to prevent jacket stripping, etc).

Here is a post regarding the difference between Staccports vs Chunk port by someone who has shot both:

"StaccPort is for more experienced shooters, tracks flat and faster. Chunk is for newer shooters, softer recoil but StaccPort has tighter groups because of their intense R&D from engineers."

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
That’s awesome! Let me know your thoughts across those. A C2 mini stacc port is tempting

I have a friend with a stock P, I own a stock Tactical 4.0" (2019 P), I'm stacc porting a c2 and potentially chunk porting a C, does that count? LOL

From what I've gotten from various IG lives with Vulcan, it works with all ammo using a factory recoil spring. For the Chunk port, they need to go with a lighter spring. Not sure if Cutter drills out the rifling like they did with the project one that was built (vulcan cut "main port", removed rifling just before the port to prevent jacket stripping, etc).

Here is a post regarding the difference between Staccports vs Chunk port by someone who has shot both:

"StaccPort is for more experienced shooters, tracks flat and faster. Chunk is for newer shooters, softer recoil but StaccPort has tighter groups because of their intense R&D from engineers."

·
born in the wrong century
6,465 Posts
Anyone have hearing damage concerns about a ported / comped handgun for carry ?

I've used some hunting revolvers that were ported....but had earplugs ready to go in prior to a shot. The blast is much greater than non-ported.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have known about Vulcan’s Stac Porting for awhile now, but just recently learned about the Chunks Port. I have a C2 that I’m tempted to have Chunk Ported and get the Stac Port on either a STI 4.0 Tactical or a new P I ordered today. Everyone has their own opinions but I think the Chunk looks good and would look great on a C2. Nomoney more pictures would be awesome and range reports please

·
Banned
49 Posts
I have known about Vulcan’s Stac Porting for awhile now, but just recently learned about the Chunks Port. I have a C2 that I’m tempted to have Chunk Ported and get the Stac Port on either a STI 4.0 Tactical or a new P I ordered today. Everyone has their own opinions but I think the Chunk looks good and would look great on a C2. Nomoney more pictures would be awesome and range reports please
Vulcan currently doesn’t offer the staccports for the tactical 4.0 (I’ve asked).

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've thought abut a comp. For my P DPO, I was going to contact Staccato about doing it but not sure they will. I've seen both the Chunk Port and the Stacc-Port, I like the Stacc-Port better. You would think that some of the other 2011 companies would offer that service, and voiding the Warranty doesn't bother me, cause I've already done that by changing out the Grip Module's on my 4.14, and DPO the real problem is that they use Cerakote rather than offering to send it of for the DLC finish that is way more durable.
Going down this rabbit hole w/ Vulcan's Stacc-Port Fri. when dropping off my 4.15" P-Duo & since the slide needs to be re-finished a custom MC black might just be the ticket.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts