1911 Firearm Addicts banner
61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hmmm have a C2 Duo but don't want to change anything on it. I am interested in a ported gun and like the XC however I want it to be a carry gun and that may be pushing it even for me size and weight wise. Anybody carry an XC?Trigger maybe a lil light as well. Considering chunk porting a P as an alternative. Warranty not an issue as with Retired Mil discount it's less than half the price of the XC....in other words I could buy a 2nd one almost so warranty no factor.

Has anyone ever put a C2 grip module onto a P? I used to carry a Glock 17 chopped to a 19 frame by Boresight solutions. Thought process is it would be a little lighter, more concealable and keep a lil velocity with the longer barrel. And let's be honest it's something fun to try. Just not sure the components would play together nicely. Needs to function 100% and I'd prefer not to mess with recoil spring rates.
I have a P with a C2 grip and also carry an XC. I upped the trigger pull on the XC to about 4 lbs. As far as the P with C2 grip, it works 100 percent. I had to adjust the trigger pre travel a tad, but other than that it was pretty much plug and play. If you have any specific answers, I’d be happy to try and answer them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a P with a C2 grip and also carry an XC. I upped the trigger pull on the XC to about 4 lbs. As far as the P with C2 grip, it works 100 percent. I had to adjust the trigger pre travel a tad, but other than that it was pretty much plug and play. If you have any specific answers, I’d be happy to try and answer them.
Thank you man that's great info. I'm exploring options at the moment. Trying to work a trade for an XC possibly. A buddy has a P he may be selling or I may buy another C2 to comp. Were you able to get a factory C2 grip or did you get a 120mm grip from extreme shooters or something? Did you have to get a different main spring or is it just a shorter mainspring housing? Been a while since I've messed with 2011s. I'd PM you on here but being new to this forum I cannot. If you are able send me a message. I'd love to ask you some simple questions. Post a picture of that bad boy! I'd love to see it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dropped my PD off @ Vulcan Fri. for Stacc-Mod, an impressive shop + a very knowledgeable & personable staff/org.
Yes quoting my ghey ass, get over it as I wanted to update my last.

Vulcan called Tues. to say come & get it ........ my Stacc-Mod'd P-DUO that is, a massive 12 👀 days after dropping it off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sent my P DUO to Vulcan for a Stacc Port and received it back in 3 days! Super fast turnaround and looks great! Now I need my grip back from Dark Side Precision so I can shoot it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow those are both fast turnaround times. Unfortunately they won’t touch anything STI at Vulcan. I sent my Tactical 4.0 to Monsoon for a port job. I would also love to have the Stacc-Port done on my Wilson Experior commander double stack but guessing that will be a no as well.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Sent my P DUO to Vulcan for a Stacc Port and received it back in 3 days! Super fast turnaround and looks great! Now I need my grip back from Dark Side Precision so I can shoot it.
Damn that's quick. Expect the full 6 weeks for Darkside. So worth it though... I have them doing a 4th grip right now. Never thought I would spend so much on grips but they are so amazing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a C2 at Vulcan for the stacc-port now, very anxious to try it out. Been about 3 weeks. I'll admit that I was not impressed with my C2 when I first got it, but it has grown on me and I shoot it better the more I shoot it. Depending on how I like it I may send my P in for the same thing. I also recently discovered the Cadre Comp. I just picked up one of the new threaded barrel P's that I'd be interested in trying out on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Damn that's quick. Expect the full 6 weeks for Darkside. So worth it though... I have them doing a 4th grip right now. Never thought I would spend so much on grips but they are so amazing.
Darkside website says 10-14 weeks now. I'm at 7 weeks myself and haven't seen or heard anything yet

·
Registered
41 Posts
C_Deck_68 Let us know how they compare!
Will do! The staccport will probably be a month or two because I just sent it in like week an half ago and I’m also having them cut for optic and dlc barrel etc. as soon as I have it back I’ll be sure to let you guys know! I’m already anxious to have it back! 😂

·
Registered
29 Posts
Will do! The staccport will probably be a month or two because I just sent it in like week an half ago and I’m also having them cut for optic and dlc barrel etc. as soon as I have it back I’ll be sure to let you guys know! I’m already anxious to have it back! 😂
Nice!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Darkside website says 10-14 weeks now. I'm at 7 weeks myself and haven't seen or heard anything yet
Darkside, He is a 1 man shop literally ..that’s rough ,but respectable. Ive gotten 4 grips back from ES in the last month meanwhile.
by the way there is a guy i met through the Staccato enthusiasts group. Matt Adams his company is call Payne Customs
paynecustoms_stippling on IG (pic below) does Phenomenal work a lot shorter lead times like a few weeks turnaround and very similar attention to detail to Darkside..give him a holla ,my C2 grip is there. Just bought a brand new one from Staccato of their website sent it to him, in stock now. Hope this help sir
ps my C2 is at Monsoon to get The Chunk Port rt noe, will be 2 months roughly. Going to do a Mini Tuxedo XC look w my Friend @threatecadre 🔺 logo on the slide. Excited rt now!
Matt and Vinnie helping me put this project together.
Hand Finger Gesture Material property Font

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just got my C2 back from Vulcan for a mini-stacc port, slide cerakoted, and dedicated RMRcc optic cut. Extremely pleased with the quality of the work! Turn around time was just about exactly 4 weeks. Will try it out in an IDPA match tomorrow. If it performs well I'll definitely be sending in my P as well!
Air gun Trigger Revolver Machine gun Wood
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Machine gun
Pneumatic tool Automotive tire Drill Wood Power tool
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got my C2 back from Vulcan for a mini-stacc port, slide cerakoted, and dedicated RMRcc optic cut. Extremely pleased with the quality of the work! Turn around time was just about exactly 4 weeks. Will try it out in an IDPA match tomorrow. If it performs well I'll definitely be sending in my P as well! View attachment 831015 View attachment 831017 View attachment 831018 View attachment 831019
Let us know how it goes! My staccato p is at Vulcan right now at about the three week mark. Plan on sending my C2 as well when it gets back.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts