1911 Firearm Addicts banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I am very happy with how it came out. If it shoots as good as it looks I will be 110% satisfied.
Let us know! I’m very curious about the benefit of the stacc port. Seems like it looks rad but the recoil reduction varies from “meh” to “some”.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Let us know! I’m very curious about the benefit of the stacc port. Seems like it looks rad but the recoil reduction varies from “meh” to “some”.
I shot it last night in an IDPA match.

It doesnt have an "OMG, where did the recoil go!?" feeling to it, however, it does noticeably improve the shooting experience. Id say its a similar feeling of going from the shorter, lighter, alloy frame C2 to the heavier steel frame P.

I shot Browning 124grn through it, which is a fairly warm load from my experience. Muzzle flip was reduced, and the cycling, recoil felt in the hand, and overall shooting experience just felt smoother and more mild. It didn't necessarily feel like there was no muzzle flip, but I took some video and the gun looks extremely flat while shooting. Id like to post the video but the site isnt happy about that. The real proof seemed to be in that my accuracy considerably improved with it. While I have carried my C2 heavily, i felt that it did have some recoil and my groups were never particularly impressive, ok but not great. The trigger is also in the just "ok" range in my experience. I know it's a duty/carry oriented trigger and I'm fine with that. However, with the lower flip and milder recoil my groups improved quite a bit, and I havent shot my C2 for over a month. At my typical pistol range of 7 yards I can shoot touching to clover leaf sized groups as fast as I can pull the trigger.

Since it was an IDPA match I was shooting too fast and moving too much to really pay attention to what the sight picture looked like, and if the red dot was staying in view the entire time. I will shoot it at the range this week to get a better idea of that.

So while it wasn't a night and day experience to me, it was a noticeable improvement, and I am pleased with the work and the results. One thing to keep in mind is that the C2 uses the "mini-stacc" mod with three holes, while the P uses 4 holes, so there may be a stronger difference there. I am happy enough with the results that I will probably send in one of my P's as well.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks for the update!

I shot it last night in an IDPA match.

It doesnt have an "OMG, where did the recoil go!?" feeling to it, however, it does noticeably improve the shooting experience. Id say its a similar feeling of going from the shorter, lighter, alloy frame C2 to the heavier steel frame P.

·
Vendor
38 Posts
Good feedback! Will be getting my barrel flush crowned by ace and then heading to VMW for stacc ports/DLC’d barrel. I was very satisfied with Jeremy’s work on my optic cut/cerakote and had the chance to drop off /pickup and shoot the **** with him at the shop. Highly recommend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good feedback! Will be getting my barrel flush crowned by ace and then heading to VMW for stacc ports/DLC’d barrel. I was very satisfied with Jeremy’s work on my optic cut/cerakote and had the chance to drop off /pickup and shoot the **** with him at the shop. Highly recommend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vulcan's cerakote work is chef's kiss

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got my C2 back from Vulcan for a mini-stacc port, slide cerakoted, and dedicated RMRcc optic cut. Extremely pleased with the quality of the work! Turn around time was just about exactly 4 weeks. Will try it out in an IDPA match tomorrow. If it performs well I'll definitely be sending in my P as well! View attachment 831015 View attachment 831017 View attachment 831018 View attachment 831019
I assume you’re probably going to hold off on sending the p as you did not sound that impressed, I have mine off at monsoon, I’m assuming the chunkport is going to be a lot more noticeable as unfortunately when I shot my buddies stacc port there was literally no difference LOL sorry good dudes great work but we were blindfolded and couldn’t tell the difference

·
Registered
60 Posts
I assume you’re probably going to hold off on sending the p as you did not sound that impressed, I have mine off at monsoon, I’m assuming the chunkport is going to be a lot more noticeable as unfortunately when I shot my buddies stacc port there was literally no difference LOL sorry good dudes great work but we were blindfolded and couldn’t tell the difference
I disagree. Like I said it isn't an extreme difference in the terms that you would think, but overall the shooting performance is considerably improved, at least on the light, alloy frame C2 vs a stock C2. I did a lot of digging between the two before I sent mine in. I have no "dog in the fight" and would be interested in trying the chunk port. I think the chunk port gives a stronger, more perceivable downward push on the muzzle, while the stacc-port has a more gradual, smoother push from it's line if ports. If you watch Roger Berreras head to head on YouTube, they're very similar, and the general consensus in the comments seems to be that the stacc-port is a little flatter than the chunk. I will be sending in my P, just can't decide if I want to do the whole gun or just the slide.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I’m on the fence about which system to put on my P, I know the chunk port is similar to the XC in operation as it’s one large port, I just can’t get past the aesthetics of a chunk of barrel missing, nitpicky I know

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
I’m on the fence about which system to put on my P, I know the chunk port is similar to the XC in operation as it’s one large port, I just can’t get past the aesthetics of a chunk of barrel missing, nitpicky I know
Agreed. The chunk port photos I have seen look like the machining is a bit sloppy. Stacc port is so damn clean

·
Registered
Sti Dvc-p, Staccato XC, Nighthawk trs-c, Staccato P gen 1, Staccato C2, Tri-11
68 Posts
I just received my C2 back from monsoon snd will be shooting it this weekend against my stacc ported 2019 staccato P. Both guns look clean and I like the work, but wait time and CS was noticeably better with Vulcan. I had my gun back in 8 days compared to 9 weeks for my C2 at monsoon. I think it would have been longer had I not bugged them. I will post back with findings, although I’m betting the P shoots better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just received my C2 back from monsoon snd will be shooting it this weekend against my stacc ported 2019 staccato P. Both guns look clean and I like the work, but wait time and CS was noticeably better with Vulcan. I had my gun back in 8 days compared to 9 weeks for my C2 at monsoon. I think it would have been longer had I not bugged them. I will post back with findings, although I’m betting the P shoots better.
I had a similar experience getting my chunk port done, was quoted 4 weeks and ended up taking around 8.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a similar experience getting my chunk port done, was quoted 4 weeks and ended up taking around 8.
Yeah that sucks. I get they are busy with the transfer of ownership and what not, but doubling your expected wait time is not a good look. I also didn’t care for excuses such as taking a week off for ORD. It ended up costing them repeat business because I was going to send my staccato C in to get a chunk port as well, but now that’s headed to Vulcan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah that sucks. I get they are busy with the transfer of ownership and what not, but doubling your expected wait time is not a good look. I also didn’t care for excuses such as taking a week off for ORD. It ended up costing them repeat business because I was going to send my staccato C in to get a chunk port as well, but now that’s headed to Vulcan.
Same here, I planned on sending a few others to him and changed my mind after that. Unfortunately I just had to send my barrel back to him to have the rifling bored out of the port end, hopefully that doesn’t take long. One of My staccato P’s is at Vulcan right now so I can’t comment on their lead times yet, but their customer service is definitely top notch!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Same here, I planned on sending a few others to him and changed my mind after that. Unfortunately I just had to send my barrel back to him to have the rifling bored out of the port end, hopefully that doesn’t take long. One of My staccato P’s is at Vulcan right now so I can’t comment on their lead times yet, but their customer service is definitely top notch!
Did the barrel you had chunk ported start to have issues once you got it back? How did you know you needed to have the rifling bored out and what was his response?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did the barrel you had chunk ported start to have issues once you got it back? How did you know you needed to have the rifling bored out and what was his response?
I didn’t personally have any issues with mine but he had made a Instagram post about it saying it was causing bullets to tumble sooner and also that stuff was spraying back at the shooters arms. He said he’d correct anyone’s barrel and backbore them free of charge just pay for shipping both ways.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I didn’t personally have any issues with mine but he had made a Instagram post about it saying it was causing bullets to tumble sooner and also that stuff was spraying back at the shooters arms. He said he’d correct anyone’s barrel and backbore them free of charge just pay for shipping both ways.
Ok gotcha. I’m curious to know if this is something he’s corrected straight out of the gate in some of the later completed chunk ports or it’s just a cases by case basis? When did your chunk port get completed?

Update: I went and checked his IG and it appears chunk ports that have been done recently all had the backbore completed as a precaution.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok gotcha. I’m curious to know if this is something he’s corrected straight out of the gate in some of the later completed chunk ports or it’s just a cases by case basis? When did your chunk port get completed?

Update: I went and checked his IG and it appears chunk ports that have been done recently all had the backbore completed as a precaution.
I got mine back from him in early/mid august. I haven’t heard of anyone having serious issues with theirs, so good on him for correcting something that could be a potential issue though!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got mine back from him in early/mid august. I haven’t heard of anyone having serious issues with theirs, so good on him for correcting something that could be a potential issue though!
Agreed! It’s awesome he’s aware of potential issues and stepping up to be proactive and provide good customer service.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agreed! It’s awesome he’s aware of potential issues and stepping up to be proactive and provide good customer service.
OK sir, let’s hear your initial report of the chunk port?
Are you happy with the outcome, is it what you expected ?I’m excited to hear the good and the bad if there is sir.
thanks
Rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gents,
I just got off the phone with their CFO Zach, we were chatting about some of the curveballs they’ve been thrown lately, recently one of their machinist has gotten ill “this last week”and he is recuperating which obviously will set them back ,but they are working through it.

It’s unfortunate and Zach said he’ll be spending the next few days attempting to reach out to people and communicate this.

I’m praying for the Technician that he recovers fully and that they can push through this as a team.
All parts of a new companies growth from my experience.
I fully knew this before I sent them my slide as I know, things like this can and usually happen.

i’ll say this, redundancy is key that’s why I always have two or three of everything , and never sent out my “only one” to get worked on.

let’s see if we can help these guys rather than hurt them in anyway right now.

“where there is darkness , I will bring light “
to quote St francis.

just my take and I hope that helps gentleman shed some light.

cheers Rob

81 - 100 of 125 Posts