1911 Firearm Addicts banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Zach here from Monsoon Tactical. I wanted to provide explanation and clear up a few things for transparency's sake. I know many are upset about our extended lead times primarily. When we took over from Cutter Machine Works, our lead times were between 2-4wk for most jobs. We increased that time to 4-6wk estimated to give us some room and manage expectations. There was no reason for us to believe this timeframe to be unrealistic. When we say the business and unforeseen hurdles are to blame, these are the facts.

Cutter had outstanding jobs in their queue and we took these on at our cost to fulfill the orders and keep Cutter's promise. We did not receive compensation from Cutter for this work, we just wanted to do right by the customers and serve them through the transition. Keeping Cutter's promise to these customers and their employees counting on a paycheck came first which began the delay in lead times.

We did the best we could to keep folks updated along the way and to extend expectations. Having to take Cutter's already paid for spot at The Ohio Range Day set us back another two weeks in production.

Our plan to get caught up was set, and like Rob mentioned, we were informed late last Friday night by his wife that our machinist had fallen ill, resulting in a hospital visit. Thankfully, he went home from the hospital yesterday, is resting, and expected to fully recover. Things were not looking great at one point and we were very worried for his family.

In the meantime, we've reached out to the machinist that worked alongside him at Cutter Machine Works. He should be coming in this week/weekend to turn some jobs and help get us caught up. I apologize for any further delay and you can expect to hear from me through the rest of this week with more details by phone.

As it pertains to bullet tumbling - this was a one off instance and we have not heard from anyone else having this issue. To prevent the possibility, we began counter boring the barrels. We invite anyone with concerns to send us their barrel to be counter bored for free less the cost of shipping. We will eat the return shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah that sucks. I get they are busy with the transfer of ownership and what not, but doubling your expected wait time is not a good look. I also didn’t care for excuses such as taking a week off for ORD. It ended up costing them repeat business because I was going to send my staccato C in to get a chunk port as well, but now that’s headed to Vulcan.
Our lead time for Chunk Porting at that moment was 4-6wk, not just 4wk. Though delivering at 8wks is 2wk outside of that timeframe (not quite double), there is a reason why in our FAQ we define that our lead times are estimates and why. Things can come up that are outside of our control (for example read the above post) in a month's time. We are a small business and do the best that we can to keep our customers informed an their orders on track.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Zach here from Monsoon Tactical. I wanted to provide explanation and clear up a few things for transparency's sake. I know many are upset about our extended lead times primarily. When we took over from Cutter Machine Works, our lead times were between 2-4wk for most jobs. We increased that time to 4-6wk estimated to give us some room and manage expectations. There was no reason for us to believe this timeframe to be unrealistic. When we say the business and unforeseen hurdles are to blame, these are the facts.

Cutter had outstanding jobs in their queue and we took these on at our cost to fulfill the orders and keep Cutter's promise. We did not receive compensation from Cutter for this work, we just wanted to do right by the customers and serve them through the transition. Keeping Cutter's promise to these customers and their employees counting on a paycheck came first which began the delay in lead times.

We did the best we could to keep folks updated along the way and to extend expectations. Having to take Cutter's already paid for spot at The Ohio Range Day set us back another two weeks in production.

Our plan to get caught up was set, and like Rob mentioned, we were informed late last Friday night by his wife that our machinist had fallen ill, resulting in a hospital visit. Thankfully, he went home from the hospital yesterday, is resting, and expected to fully recover. Things were not looking great at one point and we were very worried for his family.

In the meantime, we've reached out to the machinist that worked alongside him at Cutter Machine Works. He should be coming in this week/weekend to turn some jobs and help get us caught up. I apologize for any further delay and you can expect to hear from me through the rest of this week with more details by phone.

As it pertains to bullet tumbling - this was a one off instance and we have not heard from anyone else having this issue. To prevent the possibility, we began counter boring the barrels. We invite anyone with concerns to send us their barrel to be counter bored for free less the cost of shipping. We will eat the return shipping.
Prayers for your employee and his family!

Just To be clear for everyone about why my barrel was sent back, as I said to caseyc, I wasn’t personally having any of the issues mentioned in that post I sent mine in as a precautionary measure after seeing that post. The work they do is awesome my only gripe was the timeframe. But after seeing this I totally understand.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Prayers for your employee and his family!

Just To be clear for everyone about why my barrel was sent back, as I said to caseyc, I wasn’t personally having any of the issues mentioned in that post I sent mine in as a precautionary measure after seeing that post. The work they do is awesome my only gripe was the timeframe. But after seeing this I totally understand.
Thank you for your words. He is doing well and is expected to return this weekend.

·
Registered
Sti Dvc-p, Staccato XC, Nighthawk trs-c, Staccato P gen 1, Staccato C2, Tri-11
68 Posts
Our lead time for Chunk Porting at that moment was 4-6wk, not just 4wk. Though delivering at 8wks is 2wk outside of that timeframe (not quite double), there is a reason why in our FAQ we define that our lead times are estimates and why. Things can come up that are outside of our control (for example read the above post) in a month's time. We are a small business and do the best that we can to keep our customers informed an their orders on track.
Zack, I understand you guys had things come up and was very understanding throughout the time my gun was with you. I’m sorry to hear about your machinist and I’m glad he’s doing better. To clarify, my pistol wasn’t sent back at 8 weeks it was 9.5 weeks, which is splitting hairs, but I don’t want to be called out as being untruthful, lying or giving misinformation. I have zero complaints with the work you guys did and have been very impressed with it. My only issue that I expressed here, which is pertinent to the thread and people wanting to know abt the chunk port, was the extended wait time and zero communication on your end, unless I initiated contact and called weeks 6-9.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gents,
I just got off the phone with their CFO Zach, we were chatting about some of the curveballs they’ve been thrown lately, recently one of their machinist has gotten ill “this last week”and he is recuperating which obviously will set them back ,but they are working through it.

It’s unfortunate and Zach said he’ll be spending the next few days attempting to reach out to people and communicate this.

I’m praying for the Technician that he recovers fully and that they can push through this as a team.
All parts of a new companies growth from my experience.
I fully knew this before I sent them my slide as I know, things like this can and usually happen.

i’ll say this, redundancy is key that’s why I always have two or three of everything , and never sent out my “only one” to get worked on.

let’s see if we can help these guys rather than hurt them in anyway right now.

“where there is darkness , I will bring light “
to quote St francis.

just my take and I hope that helps gentleman shed some light.

cheers Rob
I wasn’t in anyway trying to “hurt them” and have spoken highly of their work. I was just being honest and giving the facts of what happened in my experience with them as this thread is abt thoughts/comparisons on the chunk vs stacc, and our experiences with the process and outcome of the gun. I never meant to bash them and don’t believe I said anything negative or untrue regarding my interaction with them. I wish monsoon well and think they do great work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zack, I understand you guys had things come up and was very understanding throughout the time my gun was with you. I’m sorry to hear about your machinist and I’m glad he’s doing better. To clarify, my pistol wasn’t sent back at 8 weeks it was 9.5 weeks, which is splitting hairs, but I don’t want to be called out as being untruthful, lying or giving misinformation. I have zero complaints with the work you guys did and have been very impressed with it. My only issue that I expressed here, which is pertinent to the thread and people wanting to know abt the chunk port, was the extended wait time and zero communication on your end, unless I initiated contact and called weeks 6-9.
No one is calling you a liar or meant to. Just clarifying the lead times span a two week period of 4-6wk, so it wasn't fair to say that your time doubled. There was little reason to communicate until the 6th week. It really wasn't until then that circumstance began to change things. I wouldn't like to say we are poor at communicating at all, but I know we're not perfect. When our customers call or email for a status update or with questions, our goal is to provide answers within 24hr. I'm sorry if you did not have this experience, but I'm glad you are bringing it to my attention so we can do better in the future.

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK sir, let’s hear your initial report of the chunk port?
Are you happy with the outcome, is it what you expected ?I’m excited to hear the good and the bad if there is sir.
thanks
Rob
Hey guys. I am happy to report that both guns shot and performed great at the range.

chunk port: the gun came out great and vinny crushed the cerakote and stipple work. It shot great and has a noticeable difference in recoil between it and my stock staccato C. I did notice that at ~20 yards when quickly stringing 4-5 shots together the grouping spread apart a bit (2-2.5 inches) more than it did my C or my P. Definitely worth the money and makes the gun much more fun to shoot.

Stacc port: my staccato P is the 2019 version, so basically the same size as the C2 but it’s steel vs aluminum frames. The P shot amazing and has a noticeable reduction in recoil. This is a more gradual reduction in recoil than the C2, which is more similar to a comp and the feeling I get when shooting my XC. I didn’t have the expanded grouping at ~20 yards like I did with the C2 though. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that has a staccato P.

I am biased with these guns and prefer the 2019 staccato P over any other staccato, short of an XC or DVC-P. I think HiltonYam said it best when he called the gen 1 P a unicorn and the best edc option when you throw a C2 grip on it. I know that the steel frame of the P makes a big difference so I fully expected it to shoot better than the C2, and wasn’t wrong.

I haven’t shot a C or C2 with a stack port yet so I can’t campare that to a chunk ported version. Based on how well the chunk port shot though, I would lean that way if I had a C/C2/or 4.45 P. I couldn’t bring myself to do the chunk on either of my 2019 P’s and thought the stacc suited them better.

I will be sending my C off to Vulcan shortly for the mini stacc and will then have a more accurate comparison between it and my chunk ported C2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey guys. I am happy to report that both guns shot and performed great at the range.

chunk port: the gun came out great and vinny crushed the cerakote and stipple work. It shot great and has a noticeable difference in recoil between it and my stock staccato C. I did notice that at ~20 yards when quickly stringing 4-5 shots together the grouping spread apart a bit (2-2.5 inches) more than it did my C or my P. Definitely worth the money and makes the gun much more fun to shoot.

Stacc port: my staccato P is the 2019 version, so basically the same size as the C2 but it’s steel vs aluminum frames. The P shot amazing and has a noticeable reduction in recoil. This is a more gradual reduction in recoil than the C2, which is more similar to a comp and the feeling I get when shooting my XC. I didn’t have the expanded grouping at ~20 yards like I did with the C2 though. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone that has a staccato P.

I am biased with these guns and prefer the 2019 staccato P over any other staccato, short of an XC or DVC-P. I think HiltonYam said it best when he called the gen 1 P a unicorn and the best edc option when you throw a C2 grip on it. I know that the steel frame of the P makes a big difference so I fully expected it to shoot better than the C2, and wasn’t wrong.

I haven’t shot a C or C2 with a stack port yet so I can’t campare that to a chunk ported version. Based on how well the chunk port shot though, I would lean that way if I had a C/C2/or 4.45 P. I couldn’t bring myself to do the chunk on either of my 2019 P’s and thought the stacc suited them better.

I will be sending my C off to Vulcan shortly for the mini stacc and will then have a more accurate comparison between it and my chunk ported C2.
Awesome write up sir! Thanks for taking the time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Awesome write up sir! Thanks for taking the time.
No problem! Hope it helped someone if they are on the fence. I don’t think you can go wrong with either tbh. For anyone looking to get stipple work done on their staccato grip, vinny’s cherry blossoms is money. I was the first 2011 with this pattern so I was nervous, but it is grippy AF and looks bad ass.
Wood Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory
Wood Air gun Gun barrel Bicycle part Gun accessory

·
Registered
33 Posts
I wasn’t in anyway trying to “hurt them” and have spoken highly of their work. I was just being honest and giving the facts of what happened in my experience with them as this thread is abt thoughts/comparisons on the chunk vs stacc, and our experiences with the process and outcome of the gun. I never meant to bash them and don’t believe I said anything negative or untrue regarding my interaction with them. I wish monsoon well and think they do great work.
Yes you are correct, oh I think I just picked a post to respond to, but didn’t necessarily mean to pick your post sir if that makes any sense. Glad we’re getting everything hashed out and stocked your enjoying you chunk port. The word fun resonated when i read your comparison. Looking forward to getting mine back as well and putting up some good pics… by the way have u joined the Staccato Enthusiast page on facebook yet sir..its a great group of guys as well.

cheers Rob

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes you are correct, oh I think I just picked a post to respond to, but didn’t necessarily mean to pick your post sir if that makes any sense. Glad we’re getting everything hashed out and stocked your enjoying you chunk port. The word fun resonated when i read your comparison. Looking forward to getting mine back as well and putting up some good pics… by the way have u joined the Staccato Enthusiast page on facebook yet sir..its a great group of guys as well.

cheers Rob
Rob,

Yes that makes total sense. Sorry if I was being defensive or overly sensitive. They are definitely both fun guns to shoot. I was looking for something that was a fun, accurate, reliable, and capable as an edc and I think I found it in the staccatoC/C2/P. Then chunk port makes it kind of a mini XC which was my goal. I would love to edc my xc with x300 but it’s difficult/impossible to have something that heavy/bulky in my line of work so the chunk C2 felt like a good compromise.

I will definitely check out the staccato enthusiast page on FB.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Love the write up and glad your liking it! That grip texture is 👌, looks super grippy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
It’s definitely grippy. Makes me wish all my polymers grips were done up like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It’s definitely grippy. Makes me wish all my polymers grips were done up like that.
So Do you prefer the “gradual” push of the staccport over the more abrupt push of the chunk? I know that’s a tough one considering it’s a steel frame to an aluminum frame but just curious of your opinion on it. I too am looking to get something as similar to my xc as possible and I notice my chunk port p has a pretty significant push down. I still have a few more weeks til I get my p back from Vulcan. I guess comparing that to the chunkport will decide where I send my c2 off to.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That’s a good question. I love the gradual push of the P but again I love the 2019 version and think it’s already a great shooter pre stacc port. If you are trying to get more XC like I think I’d go chunk port. I think the gradual push of the stacc port plus the steel is a great combo but the chunk with aluminum is money.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That’s a good question. I love the gradual push of the P but again I love the 2019 version and think it’s already a great shooter pre stacc port. If you are trying to get more XC like I think I’d go chunk port. I think the gradual push of the stacc port plus the steel is a great combo but the chunk with aluminum is money.
With the chunk on the c2 do they include the softer springs as well?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes it does, but I’m not sure what weight as it was installed when I received it and it didn’t specify. It came with my oem one back to me and then a spare spring. So two new springs total. Maybe @Zach_Monsoon_Tactical can chime in and let us know what the spring rates are?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No problem! Hope it helped someone if they are on the fence. I don’t think you can go wrong with either tbh. For anyone looking to get stipple work done on their staccato grip, vinny’s cherry blossoms is money. I was the first 2011 with this pattern so I was nervous, but it is grippy AF and looks bad ass. View attachment 837316 View attachment 837317
First time I’ve seen this grip. Definitely looks aggressive. Wonder how it would perform concealed carry via an appendix holster.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts