1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
I have one just like it . One of my favs . It's been extremely accurate and 100 % reliable for more rounds than I can count . These are one of the best bangs for the buck out there . All steel 5 inch 1911 is also extremely easy on the hands .

·
JMB fan
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, it was -10 here in Maine this AM, but it got up to to 20 by noon, so I loaded up 8 mags and stepped out to give it a try. It ran perfectly, with three different kinds of mags. My son put on mag thru as fast as he could pull the trigger- no problem! And it was cheap 115g steel case ammo.

So, I think I’ve got a keeper. Supposed to be in the 40’s Sunday afternoon, so I’ll try to do a proper range report. For now- I’m happy to know it runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
They're usually better than the money they cost.
At least the ones I've seen and handled.
Especially with some up grades, it should make you a nice pistol!

Reactions: Mike0707

·
Registered
141 Posts
I fitted a 38 Super barrel to my Rock Island Government model and sure am glad it did. I love shooting the Super cartridge and will probably never use the 9mm barrel again. Only change I made in parts was an Ed Brown Extractor and Wolff 15 lb. recoil spring. Pistol runs like a Swiss watch with either semi rimmed or rimless Starline brass.

·
JMB fan
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice. I had been watching this Citadel for weeks on a local gun classifieds site. I was looking for a cheap Rock Island to buy ‍♂. I had no idea Citadel was Armscor. One day I just decided to look it up, realized what it was and decided to give it a try. Like what I’ve got so far!

·
CEO of DILLIGAF industries
8,484 Posts
Nice. I had been watching this Citadel for weeks on a local gun classifieds site. I was looking for a cheap Rock Island to buy ‍♂. I had no idea Citadel was Armscor. One day I just decided to look it up, realized what it was and decided to give it a try. Like what I’ve got so far!
I'm shooting mine this morning .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts