Citadel M1911

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by tahunua001, Nov 7, 2011.

1. tahunua001

tahunua001 perty mouthed redneck

Nov 7, 2011
    hello all.
    I'm looking at maybe adding a 1911 to my personal arsenal and have been looking pretty closely at the SR1911 but have also been considering a Citadel M1911. now I'm a plastic gun guy myself so I know very little about 1911s. so here are my questions
    1. who manufactures citadels?
    2. how is fit finish compared to the SR1911?
    3. how is customer service?
    4. how is quality?

2. John

John Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 7, 2011
    Armscor. I can't help with any of the other questions, I've never handled a Citadel.

3. John

Oct 7, 2011
    The buyers guide (go read it) says

4. tahunua001

Nov 7, 2011
    thanks. I checked the new buyers guide but I skipped over the charles dailys since I was looking specifically for the SR1911 and the citadel

5. John

Oct 7, 2011
    That's understandable. Welcome to the forum.

6. tahunua001

Nov 7, 2011
  7. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    A friend has a Citadel officer and he likes it a lot.

SR1911 is SS while the Citadel is park or nickel finish. But the Park is quality.

8. Sean MacTavish

Sean MacTavish Member

Sep 14, 2011
    Welcome

Welcome to the forum. I have been very happy with my Rock Island Armory 1911 manufactured by Armscor, who also produces Citadel. They are a great value in my opinion. Good luck and good shooting.

9. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Had one in about a year ago for someone who wanted one, it was for a sale so I didn't shoot it however, I was impressed with the pistol for the money. I have owned and shot Armscor 1911's and they are adequate, they get the job done with no problems.

I'm pretty amazed at the pricing people are posting on this forum for firearms, all I can say is gun shops must be selling their stock for dealer prices these days (which means they are losing money) because the prices I see people posting are at or in some cases BELOW dealer cost. Good luck finding a Citadel new in a physical gun shop for $470.00 I highly doubt it.

I said a NEW Citadel - in a physical bricks and mortar gun shop, not online...!!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  10. tahunua001

Nov 7, 2011
    "Good luck finding a Citadel new in a physical gun shop for $470.00"

that's about the going price of the average rock islands at my LGS's. I would assume the citadels would go for about the same price range since they are both armscor GI replicas but then again...I am new to the game

11. John

Oct 7, 2011
    I think the Citadel is normally about 500-550

12. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    $539 is what we sell the compacts for, and when we had the FS, we had them at $469 but we got a bunch on sale from one of our distributors

13. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    My LGS sells the compact Citadel and the full size for $499. I have picked them up and looked at them several times. I haven't shot one but just looking at them they sure look good for $499. The full size Citadel has a plastic MSH but for $50 that can easily be changed.

14. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    welome to the forum. I have nothing to offer than that.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted