1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I present to you today my Government Model from 1937. It is not very pretty, it has been redone, but all its parts are original, including the magazine.
I bought it from an old shooter recently. The latter stopped shooting and got rid of his toys at low prices. I did not resist ...
Civilian Colts are rare in France. Those before 1968. But from there to fall on a WW2 Meadow ...
It was sold to the Winchester Repeating Arms Company and sent to the British Purshasing Commission in July 1940.
How should I consider it ?? A wartime civilian? Military ? ...
Is there value in this state ???
Make way for photos

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
It was not sold to Winchester. The British Purchasing Commission bought virtually every handgun Colt had on the shelf. Most were not in a British caliber, so they were shipped to Winchester where they were packed for overseas shipment with the correct ammunition.

Colt had a huge inventory of unsold handguns, and that one was probably produced in 1937 or 1938, and had been sitting in inventory.

Barrel appears to be a replacement Colt Military.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes ! Thanks Lakeman45.

This cannon has a recent history. In my 1937, there was an HS barrel. And an acquaintance had a US&S with the Colt barrel that you see in my photos. It suited him to have my HS who was in compliance with his pistol and me a Colt in a Colt ^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts