Classifieds!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Chris O, May 9, 2019.

1. Chris O

Chris O Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Good evening folks,
    Not sure exactly what is going on, but there are guns in the classifieds right now that just don’t come up for sale. Unfortunately for some it is due to hard times, and others it is just part of the normal rotation.

That being said I would strongly encourage those who don’t usually view the classifieds to take a gander, you will not be disappointed, and quite possible could stumble upon your grail gun for a very reasonable price.

To the folks that have met hard times, I certainly wish you all the best. There is a strong support network here on this forum with many folks having met similar circumstances. It is refreshing to see the sincere well wishes and the genuine concern that many folks have.

Now please, folks, get in the classifieds and clean some of this stuff out. Help some of these guys along and purchase a gun you very well may never see again for sale.

simonp, isialk, Novak77 and 11 others like this.
  2. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I'd put a different spin on it. There's a LOT of new stuff that's hit the market recently. Double stacks from NHC and GCI; Staccato single stack series; NHC with it's IOS; WC with a new EDC X9L; and the list goes on. Most of us suffer from 'Squirrel!!!!!' syndrome and want the newest, shiniest thing when it comes out. So, we sell off what we can part with as if we were selling a kidney since we already have a second.
    Because there's so many of us with this affliction, we aren't always looking to buy what's been available for a bit. And, to be honest, the 1911 market is a bit soft.
    There are some people that have changes in life (not necessarily hard times), but I'd tend to say they represent the vast minority. And, to those going through that, I wish them the best and hope they are back on their feet faster than Rosie O'Donnell going through a freshly filled feed trough.

3. Justin_Pelletier

Justin_Pelletier Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 27, 2016
    Its just not here, it seems to be across the Gun Culture. I remember when I could list a Glock 19 in Mass with 2 prebans and it would be sold before i left the computer chair to verify my ad posted.

There are several new/used classifieds that I would love to buy, but do to my situation I am not able to jump on so many great deals.

I really hope it turns around, not for the classifieds but just the world in general. Too many meatheads trying to keep up with the Kardashians.

Babboonbobo and Chris O like this.
  4. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    How can I look if the ads are classified?

5. pipboy344

pipboy344 Reagan/Bush ‘84

Jul 17, 2014
    Any PTR-100s in there?

6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes, there are seven listed.

Karl Beining likes this.
  7. pipboy344

Jul 17, 2014
    Not that the search bar is bringing up, just my Wanted ad.

8. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I have other priorities at the moment or I would be buying a few! My wife’s dream cruise I scheduled for our 30th anniversary is coming up fast and it is taking a lot of resources!

9. Coolsound

Coolsound Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2018
    Have to save money for a couple of custom builds in the queue otherwise I would buy a couple of them in the classifieds...

FWoo45 likes this.
  10. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    IMO a few things are happening right now. The gun culture seem to be on cruise control... no massive scare that we are going to be stripped of our rights. This means, no panic buying... To add to that, 8 years of insanity as well as a very large sellers market make this market softer than baby ****.

I know thats a tough pill to swallow but just as the stock market needs a correction every now and again, so does the firearms industry.

I am all for market value, but at this point sellers dont seem to understand this. Price it at pre crazy Obama prices its not gonna move because now unless its something extra special, we are in a post flooded market.

This means toss out the thought of breaking even, coming in at a slight loss, or even a giving what you (the seller) thinks is a solid deal. You basically have to eat it. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing, it just is.

To add a final caveat, I (and I assume others) are not going to totally break the bank account for something we "want". Most of us have a lot of very nice firearms so there is no "need" at this point. Right now if you are like me, you are likely limiting whats in the spending fun and stocking up the savings fund just incase the left gets their wet dream... and either get DT out, win 2020, or both. This for me means a return to 08 which also means a garbage economy,

I just wish more people got this... I have made several offers in several forums (including this one). Most guys think they are priced fairly... which they likely are. Its just a very tough market, and WE the people can see what maybe on the horizon... so we are proceeding cautiously.... at least I am!

Bc

RoninZ, 1911 dawg, Novak77 and 4 others like this.
  11. pipboy344

Jul 17, 2014
    I do need a .308, that’s why I’m looking for a PTR.

It’s got to be a 100 GI because I hate rails, and I physically need the regular grip and paddle mag release they have on them now.

Haven’t met a single person with fingers long enough to reach that push button mag release without taking their hand off the grip.

12. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    Sounds like you are looking in the wrong spot. Funny thing is I have passed on several of those locally... My advise would be forget the PTR and just get an HK... but you are likely in the wrong forum for that.

Not sure what your post has to do with mine, but simply said, stop looking at a f ucking llama and get a damn crafter.

13. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Very well said and to the point, I agree and also believe this is what is happening. I’ll add if you’ve got the means and a want list now is a great time to buy.

Some sellers are smoking crack at times in all areas of gun market, I’ve had people contact me locally because they know I’m into 1911s and offer me something common and when I make a fair market offer they’re always like “NO WAY” my dad paid more than that for it?!?!?

Well I understand that but that’s what it’s worth TODAY, which is all that matters if your wanting to sell. Sorry but that’s reality. I recently sold two firearms and got good prices considering today’s market do I was very happy.

I do not plan to sell anymore anytime soon as what I’ve got is what I want.

Buck Buck and Raylan Givens like this.
  14. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    I san the classifieds daily for a 3" S&W 44 mag for tree fiddy.

15. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    I can put you in a Glock 19 fo tree fiddy.... wit tree clips....
    Kicks less than a foty fo...

16. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Keep that one in the safe for me. It's also on the list.

DRYHUMOR likes this.
  17. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    The classifieds are working just fine for me. In the last few weeks I bought a gun, sold a gun, and bought some accessories I've had my eye out for. I've got other stuff I need post up to move. There's always people ready to buy when the right deal comes along.

simonp and Raylan Givens like this.
  18. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Classified Firearms is the most visited forum for me. The overall gun market is obviously saturated and over supplied, gun owner's safes are overfilled and we do not have Democrats controlling the Senate or Presidency. At my age, I do not use classifieds to increase the numbers in my safe but to upgrade the quality. We are in a great time interval to be a buyer but it will change, prepare.

Buck Buck, Raylan Givens and cgff like this.
  19. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    For one I always peruse the classifieds where there is a will there’s a way, And yes I also hit a rough patch here lately compounding things with all of that unfortunately, The market is flat or very soft,

20. razorbacker

razorbacker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 2, 2011
    Contact Hillary, she can help you.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted