1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Clean or Dirty how do you ship it?

• I would ship it after I clean it.

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • I sold it. I'm sure the new owner will want to clean it.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • My guns are cleaned after each use so this is a moot point for me.

Votes: 34 49.3%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
...Terminal Addict
1,012 Posts
My guns are always clean, I am kind of OCD that way... However, I will still give an outgoing firearm a quick wipe down before it is packed up.

I have been on the receiving end of a dirty gun... I was not impressed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Clean. Very clean. When I was looking at a used DW Valkyrie it looked like it was shot a lot and never cleaned. It was so dirty. I just handed back and said no thanks. It was on consignment.

·
"BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore !
1,690 Posts
I've been into local gun shops looking at used firearms and noticed some that were not cleaned.
I can't see why a person, wanting to trade a firearm in, doesn't even make an attempt to clean it, …. much less the gun shop who doesn't go through it, and clean it prior to putting it on the shelf for sale...
JMO

·
Registered
911 Posts
I've been into local gun shops looking at used firearms and noticed some that were not cleaned.
I can't see why a person, wanting to trade a firearm in, doesn't even make an attempt to clean it, …. much less the gun shop who doesn't go through it, and clean it prior to putting it on the shelf for sale...
JMO
One simple word.....liability. If the gun doesn't work properly and the seller swears it was "fine" when he sold it to us, WE can be on the hook for any repairs, etc. No sir - you bring a gun in, we're going to sell it as received, and priced accordingly.

Reactions: Robbob45

·
One more please!
1,694 Posts
One simple word.....liability. If the gun doesn't work properly and the seller swears it was "fine" when he sold it to us, WE can be on the hook for any repairs, etc. No sir - you bring a gun in, we're going to sell it as received, and priced accordingly.
That's absurd, the gun should be checked out by the dealer before they take it in

·
Registered
911 Posts
That's absurd, the gun should be checked out by the dealer before they take it in
If the seller is willing to pay for the service, that's fine - but as an example, a few years ago we received a consignment of over 250 guns to sell. We offered to function-test, test fire and clean each of the guns for about $25/ea. The seller declined - said to sell 'em "as is". Fine - that's exactly what we did. We made the same offer to potential buyers - if the gun failed, they'd only be out our fee. Not one took us up on it. Flip side is, the guns were priced accordingly - and not a single one of those guns came back with any kind of an issue after the new owner took 'em to the range.

·
I'm just here for the gas.
3,097 Posts
Easily 70% of the used firearms I’ve bought were dirty, if not outright filthy.

I’ve sold a gun or two on here and at the risk of being a hypocrite, I’ve never sold a dirty firearm.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I always do a full detail strip and clean.
I actually had to delay shipping on a CZ P01 by a couple days because I lost one of the tiny little springs in the sear cage during disassembly, now they all get a full cleaning and inspection prior to posting the ad, this also allows me to photograph all the parts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts