Close. New Price-Upper Only - Caspian Aluminum Frame Commander with Nowlin Comp Barrel 45 ACP

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Les White, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Colt Cmdr Comp right side.jpg Colt Comp Cmdr left side.jpg Caspian Aluminum Frame Commander with a Caspian Slide and a ramped 45 ACP Nowlin Compensated barrel (bore is fine). Same total length as a Government Model. I checked with Caspian and this frame was shipped to FL in 1995, not to any place/gunsmith that sounded familiar. It looks as if the work is good quality due to fit of barrel in relation to the slide and the Ed Brown grip safety is nicely fitted. It has some type of "durable" finish that is at about 75%. The plunger tube is a Pachmayr assemble that is independent of the frame and held on by the grip. The ejector is not pinned which I have run accross before in a Heine build (don't really understand the thinking on that). It has Ahrend grips which have been cut out for the plunger tube assembly. I bought this as a project to fix up and I thought I would eventually carry it. I am eliminating my projects.
    Price $750 delivered. Paypal Friends & Family or USPS Money Order. It will ship from my FFL to yours. I can provide more pics if interested. The next time the sun shines I will have some better pictures. View attachment 224269 View attachment 224271 View attachment 224273 CC Ramped Barrel.jpg CC Bottom.jpg CC Barrel length.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    rk1911, simonp, gaijin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Bully, thank you for the kind comments. I feel most of the members of this forum treat each other like they want to be treated, what a great way to do business.
    I had visions of carrying this one as a Comp or having the barrel machined to copy the Elite style barrel that Wilson does but I am project poor so this plus many odds and ends will be sold.

simonp and Bully like this.

3. rjinaz85308

rjinaz85308 North Central AZ Grasslands Supporting Addict

Jul 27, 2012
    started a conversation on this.

Thx
    Rick

4. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    I should have put this in the original post and Rick's conversation reminded me. At present not open to trades, but if that should change it would be in the Glock, S&W Revolver (pre-lock) and of course 1911 categories.
    Still available.

5. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
  6. nix_gary

nix_gary Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Pm sent, any sunshine yet for some better pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Should be by tomorrow. Out of town this week on only sunny days.

nix_gary likes this.
  8. Haris1

Haris1 Go Ahead, Make My Day! Supporting Addict

Feb 6, 2015
    Fantastic gun- I owned it once!!!
    great shooter, just had too many gats, thats why i sold it
    Les is trusted seller , for sure!!!

9. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Bump with new Pics. Haris1, thank you for the kind words.

10. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    New price. $700 delivered or back in the safe.

11. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
  12. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    I will sell the upper complete for $450. I can use the frame for another project. Open to trades for upper or complete pistol. Trades limited to Glocks, S&W Revolvers pre-lock , or Colt 1911s. Not desperate so I am really picky about what I would trade for. Thanks for your consideration.

13. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Back in the safe.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted