1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the call from CMP early last month, was offered a choice of Service, Field, or Rack, and I rolled the dice with Field. Got a RIA and ANAD arsenal rebuild marked Remington Rand frame with a TZ 7790314 slide which I read is an Israeli contract replacement slide, and an arsenal replacement 7791193 chrome lined barrel. Was hoping for arsenal rebuild marks, and to not duplicate anything in my current collection, so I'm happy seeing the rebuild marks, slide, and barrel. Condition seems pretty good for a field grade.
P1020402 resize.jpg

P1020401 resize.jpg

Took it to the range and shot slow fire, I think was 14 rds each at 11 and 15 yds. Shot a bit high so used a 6 o'clock hold on the 15 yd target. The trigger is pretty heavy, about 7 lbs, but the pistol is pretty tight and shot pretty well considering. Just a bit over 2" groups at both distances, the flyer on the bottom right was actually from a 25 yd target further below outside of the pic. That target turned out pretty bad.

IMG_20200918_180829.jpg

Pretty happy as usual with my acquisitions from the CMP

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
IIRC that slide is a hardened Colt slide, not Israeli. Israelis preferred 9mm over 45acp. In my 2 years there, never saw a 1911. I have a hardened Colt slide on my 1911A1NM.

I went through a lot of Israeli armories.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Got the call from CMP early last month, was offered a choice of Service, Field, or Rack, and I rolled the dice with Field. Got a RIA and ANAD arsenal rebuild marked Remington Rand frame with a TZ 7790314 slide which I read is an Israeli contract replacement slide, and an arsenal replacement 7791193 chrome lined barrel. Was hoping for arsenal rebuild marks, and to not duplicate anything in my current collection, so I'm happy seeing the rebuild marks, slide, and barrel. Condition seems pretty good for a field grade. View attachment 628083
View attachment 628071

Took it to the range and shot slow fire, I think was 14 rds each at 11 and 15 yds. Shot a bit high so used a 6 o'clock hold on the 15 yd target. The trigger is pretty heavy, about 7 lbs, but the pistol is pretty tight and shot pretty well considering. Just a bit over 2" groups at both distances, the flyer on the bottom right was actually from a 25 yd target further below outside of the pic. That target turned out pretty bad.

View attachment 628181
Pretty happy as usual with my acquisitions from the CMP
Congrats on your Anniston rebuild. She looks like an excellent shooter.

IIRC that slide is a hardened Colt slide, not Israeli. Israelis preferred 9mm over 45acp. In my 2 years there, never saw a 1911. I have a hardened Colt slide on my 1911A1NM.

I went through a lot of Israeli armories.
The replacement hard slide was produced by IMI, which is an Israeli manufacturer. I don't believe that the OP was saying that it was an Israeli contract or refurbished pistol.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That's a great shooter. Somewhat interesting 2-tone look. I like it!
The hardened parts tended to finish darker than the parts that were not hardened. Most of the small parts were also hardened, leaving the slide as the only part that was not hardened.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Congrats on your Anniston rebuild. She looks like an excellent shooter.

The replacement hard slide was produced by IMI, which is an Israeli manufacturer. I don't believe that the OP was saying that it was an Israeli contract or refurbished pistol.
Fascinating, when did IMI (Yes I know who they are) clone the hardened slides?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Damn - a 7lb trigger? The only military issued 1911 I shot was a marine one overseas just at the range. I don't recall it being a heavy trigger at all. Was 7 lbs pretty standard back in the day or something?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The original specification for the trigger pull was "Not less than 6 pounds."

They probably wore into less, but that was the original spec.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to confess that I don't own a trigger pull gauge, and the 7 lb estimate was using a fishing spring scale. I'm sure there are plenty of GI 1911 triggers that heavy, I'm just used to the lighter trigger pulls on my usual shooters.

Speaking of IMI parts, I also have an IMI marked clip for the M1 Garand among my clip collection.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ahhh good old army specs. Makes sense, though I suppose. So the CMP sells surplus 1911s to civilians? Is it like a shop or a lottery or something?

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
Ahhh good old army specs. Makes sense, though I suppose. So the CMP sells surplus 1911s to civilians? Is it like a shop or a lottery or something?
Depending on the pistol and condition, some were sold at auction. There was a lottery, but at the moment the CMP is not taking anything for 1911s. They hope to secure more in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,187 Posts
I have to confess that I don't own a trigger pull gauge, and the 7 lb estimate was using a fishing spring scale. I'm sure there are plenty of GI 1911 triggers that heavy, I'm just used to the lighter trigger pulls on my usual shooters.

Speaking of IMI parts, I also have an IMI marked clip for the M1 Garand among my clip collection.
The rarest of rare Israeli collectables is an M1A stamped with the star of David. Springfield did a special run for the Israelis when they were still using M-14s for sniping. They do turn up once in a blue moon. Israel got a bunch of 14s when Clinton shipped overseas or destroyed 750,000 M-14s.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts