1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
General 1911 talk!!! not rifle talk LOL
yes not uncommon the bbl isn't fitted as well as it could be.

So when you sling shot it or release the slide stop; the slide / bbl does not close and lock up in the same place as when it's fired and locks up.

Reactions: Greg M.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
My apologizes for offending your sensibilities!

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
If you are using the same ammo or handloads, and it is a hunting rifle it’s worth noting were the cold bore shot goes. Might mean the difference between meat in the freezer and hamburgers on the way home.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I just want to point out that on every factory rifle I have ever owned the cold bore shot especially the first one or 2 or 3 on a clean factory rifle tube does have a different POI that follow on shots some more that others. This does not have to be the case on a custom rifle. I have many sporters including my competition BR 1k rifles that the first shot on a clean cold bore are insignificant. So much so that when hunting I do not worry about having a fouling shot or a cold bore. It all has to do with the hand loaded ammunition and how the rifle has been set up or built. The point is that it does not have to be that way. Of course there is a significant cost difference in a factory rifle and one that is built from the ground up to be this way. Here is a picture of one of my sporters that at 300 yards my sight in zero distance the difference at that range is about .4 which to me is no big deal.

Your mileage may vary of course.

Reactions: blamo and Bender

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im thinking the barrel heating up after the first round makes the group print higher.
This is from a fouled bore and off a rest.
I will get one in the bullseye,then 7 about 2'' higher into a group of 1''.
Trying to get them all into the same group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.