Collectable, perhaps. Rare, indeed.

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by Tail Gunner, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Tail Gunner

Tail Gunner Active Member

Nov 18, 2018
    1462B759-222D-4729-B9B9-3142EDEE8F66.jpeg Wilson Combat Thunder Ranch Special.

limbkiller, simonp, Whiten and 7 others like this.
  2. Colorado Sonny

Colorado Sonny Deo Volente Supporting Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Give us the lurid details of your pistol! :cigar:

3. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    I seem to recall an “American Handgunner” article a good while back in which a short run of WC TRSs was produced. Sweet find!

4. Nick Rice

Nick Rice Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    That looks like a nice one indeed..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5. Tail Gunner

Tail Gunner Active Member

Nov 18, 2018
    So, here are some of the "lurid" details. I will leave out the details that sort of make up the back story. It is told that Clint Smith and Bill Wilson, after collaborating on the production of this gun had some sort of a falling out. Only fifty of these guns were ever produced. the serial number on mine is TR00027. I had been a student at Thunder Ranch in Texas for both defensive handgun 1 and 2 in the mid 1990s. I bought this particular gun in 1998 from a Phoenix police officer who had been an instructor at TR. To the best of my knowledge he never fired the gun and I have only put about 200 rounds through it. It is one of those things where you can't decide should I just shoot the hell out of it or should I save in as pristine a condition as possible. I guess that I have done a little of both! Here is a pic of the "other" side. fullsizeoutput_270b.jpeg

6. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    A shame not to shoot the hell out of that gun, its a beauty but it was built to be run hard, IMO

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted