1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved to Colorado from Ohio. I sold a lot on Armlist in Ohio where you can legally sell to another Ohio resident with out doing a transfer at an FFL. Has anyone on here from Colorado sold on Armslist? When you meet at the gun shop/FFL who pays for the fees? The Buyer or seller? Thanks for you time.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yes, I have sold a few locally (Denver area). I normally will set the price to offset what the shop I use charges (they offer whomever is paying the fee to make a $25 instore purchase in exchange for their fees).

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I have sold a few locally (Denver area). I normally will set the price to offset what the shop I use charges (they offer whomever is paying the fee to make a $25 instore purchase in exchange for their fees).
Thanks. What is the total fee usually? Do they charge a transfer fee + a background check fee? On the ATF site it says :
(d) A LICENSED GUN DEALER MAY CHARGE A FEE FOR SERVICES RENDERED PURSUANT TO THIS SECTION, WHICH FEE SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS.
The place down the street from me says $40. I'm just a little confused. Nothing new.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Their fee without the purchase is, I think, $35 covers CBI and transfer. I just buy a couple of boxes of ammo to cover the $25 and I'm happy. Feel free to pm me if you want to exchange numbers to talk more abou it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Doc45 for answering all my questions. I really appreciated it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts