Colorado...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by john_anch_ak, Apr 19, 2019.

1. john_anch_ak

john_anch_ak Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 7, 2017
    Years ago, Colorado was a great state but in recent years that state has been run over by liberal fools. They totally ruined California and moved to Colorado and have almost totally ruined Colorado. Good thing that there are still good people in Colorado such as the sheriff who vows to not enforce the communist doctrine along with many private citizens. This is what happens when the votes of the Denver liberals overrun the rights of those who live in more rural areas.

And the liberals want to get rid of the Electoral College for the exact same reason.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/...g&utm_campaign=/digest/colorado-red-flag-law/

2. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    I was born and raised in Colorado. I left there 19 years ago, never to return...

xerts1191 likes this.

3. Gimpster

Gimpster Kevin G Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2017
    There's been an ongoing effort to turn CO blue and it's working. There's a book called "The Blueprint" that explains it all quite clear. Plus the Influx of millennial idiots because of the legalization of marijuana. I've lived in CO for all of my 52 years. Except for a couple experimental years in CA. It's really a shame and is causing me to think about relocating. There are some recalls happening though and another election right around the corner in 2020. My hopes are people will realize the democraps have overreached and vote accordingly. But it always amazes me why people from liberal states move to conservative states and vote for the same liberal nonsense that caused them to move!

FWoo45, xerts1191, gps man and 2 others like this.
  4. Scaramouche

Scaramouche Student of the Columbian Exchange Supporting Addict

Sep 15, 2015
    40 - 50 years ago I cowboyed on the Grizzly River Ranch outside Craig, CO, I loved that high North Park Country, took my youngest out to that place three years ago, still there, but they bulldozed down the 100 plus year old corrals and barn and ranch house. Now owned by a corporation and the cowboys manage the range on computers and when they actually have to go out they got a fleet of ATVs, no ponies are on the ranch. Pure breed Hereford.

I don't know how an independent rancher can make it out there, or actually anywhere no more.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  5. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I traveled a lot to the Boulder area in the 80s for my job, and people there were complaining about the 'idiots' from CA coming in and ruining the place, and driving up home costs. And it got worse over the years.

I took a consulting job there in 2011 and ended up taking a full-time position, dragging the wife to yet another out-of-state job.

Left in 2016 after being laid off by Micron for being too old/expensive. And I can honestly say that we don't miss that place at all. A friend of mine who is born and raised there says it's turning into quite the $h**-hole with all the stoners and lib lunatics.

I'm trying to convince him to move down here. :D

xerts1191 and Gimpster like this.
  6. Lou1

Lou1 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 1, 2018
    You nailed it. I always wondered at the insanity of screwing a place up so badly that you have to move and then begin immediately trying to destroy the new place by doing the exact same things that destroyed the old place. I can’t even begin to wrap my mind around that.

7. Gimpster

Apr 6, 2017
    Where's "down here"?

8. El Perdido

El Perdido Fictional Western Sage

Oct 3, 2011
    When I was a kid in Colorado, it was like:

First came the Texans, but they spent money and went home

Then the Texans started to stay, and the price of housing started to rise

Then came the Californistanistas, and they stayed, and the price of everything went up, and they injected Libtard ways into the system, now they won't leave, so I became a citizen of Texas...

9. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    SE Arizona. Near Sierra Vista.

We don't have any illegals here, or at least none I've seen or heard about. Or they're here but they keep pretty quiet about it and don't flaunt it in front of the locals.

Between the Army (with their ground mapping radar), the NSA/CIA listening posts (rumors, but there's a bunch of antennas around here), all the retired military, LEOs, and at least half the populace running around with guns we enjoy a pretty quiet life.

We even have clean air and water.

But don't tell anyone. We like to keep the place to ourselves. Mostly. :D

10. Gimpster

Apr 6, 2017
    I wish I wasn't so sensitive to the heat (I have MS) because Arizona would be a possibility.

xerts1191, wrmiller and gps man like this.
  11. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    I'm not familiar with MS, but you have my sympathies. Honestly.

We're at 5000' and enjoy pretty mild conditions for Arizona.

The weather is similar to what we had in CO but cooler in the summer and much warmer in the winter.

June is our hottest month, and we will see a few days right at 100 degrees or so. But the monsoons (summer rainy season) start near the end of the month and the temps drop to the low 90s high 80s on average with humidity around 40-50% or so. This continues until late September and then we enjoy low 80s and 70s until Winter sets in around late Dec/Jan. Then it gets downright cold, with average temps in the low 50s. We had snow on the ground three times last winter, but it lasted less than a day. I even have to put a jacket on sometimes. :)

12. xerts1191

xerts1191 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Same, born and raised in Colo. We left 19yrs. ago to escape the winters, I can recall the first influx of left coast aliens in the 80s. Reached the point just before we left where the politics were swinging blue.
    Hope to hell this doesn’t happen in Az. Tucson and the surrounding areas are the libtard stronghold here. I hear they have their sights set on turning Texas blue next, they’ve got Austin in their grasp!

wrmiller likes this.
  13. wrmiller

wrmiller The Tinker

Oct 29, 2016
    Loved Tucson when we first moved there in the late 90s. But it's turning into a typical university libtard crap hole now.

Progress. :(

14. Fiddler1537

Fiddler1537 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2013
    In the late 60's and the 70's many cars carried the stickers " Don't Californicate Colorado". That ship has sailed and, in fact, those we discouraged then are now saying the same thing, though for different reasons.
    Been gone for 3 decades but always planned on moving home. Still have land and a house in El Paso county. Now I'm wondering. Do I consider it lost and move on or do I think maybe my vote will count and do my part to save it.
    Ìf so I sure won't be on the front range.

GeorgeandSugar and wrmiller like this.
  15. GeorgeandSugar

GeorgeandSugar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I’m still in CO, but wanting to leave. But for now, will fight these leftists. Sigh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wrmiller likes this.
  16. GeorgeandSugar

GeorgeandSugar Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    And this is where my wife wants to move too. She prefers the heat. The heat does not bother me, it’s exchanging one negative for another negative as you pointed out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wrmiller likes this.
  17. Fiddler1537

Fiddler1537 Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 13, 2013
    Anybody in the Flagstaff area?

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted