close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ColorRight Pro

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Quack, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    This is a nifty little accessory that helps set the proper white balance on your dSLR's. The Canon requires more steps to set it as opposed to the Nikon, but the end result is the same. I introduced Will (jst1tym) to this when i mentioned his white balance was a little off and he's been using it ever since. Sure one can fix it with photoshop, but if you can do it in camera it'll save you time.

I've used other forms of white balance accessories and this it the best/easiest that i've found. The Expodisc requires you to position yourself where the subject is and aim at the light source to set the white balance. The Expodisc didn't do as well as the CRP when there were different light sources either.

2. jst1tym

jst1tym What No Delete Button? Supporting Addict

Aug 23, 2011
    +100 here! It's now actually an automated response to use it for just about all occasions both indoors and out. It virtually eliminates the guesswork of getting the correct white balance for the exposure,and saves a lot of time. When I first started using it I was pleasantly surprised at how much more natural the colors were. It kinda reminded me of the Tide commercial where they compare the whites next to each other and the differences between them...2-thumbs up on this product :thumb::thumb:

3. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    the Nikon is easier than the Canon.

Set the WB for "PRE"
    Hold the WB button down for a few seconds until "PRE" flashes.
    Hold the CRP on the lens
    Press the shutter release
    Depending on if you had the correct exposure, you should get "Good" or "NO Gd"
    Now you're ready to shoot.

4. jst1tym

Aug 23, 2011
    I don't know if my Canon is different from those listed, however, with mine I just set the menu to white balance, select custom white balance, aim the camera at desired item and hold CRP over lens and snap a photo, select that photo from a menu and shoot, wellah (sp?)

5. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    the extra step is selecting the photo from the menu. the nikon, it gets set once you release the shutter with the CRP on the lens.

6. jst1tym

Aug 23, 2011
    Yea, without selecting the photo from the menu it will only photograph the picture at 11-1/2 megapixels. To get the full 21 megapixels I have to select from the menu..

:rofl2:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  7. jst1tym

Aug 23, 2011
    Quack, you do know I was kidding right? I'm still working on the humor thing!

8. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    Beats me, you do shoot with a Canon, so anything is possible. :lol:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted