1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy locally has what looks like a nice Colt 25 auto and he wants to trade for my Henry 22 lever action. Any idea what to look for on these or how much they’re usually worth? Seems from pics like it’s in decent shape, serial number puts it made in 1920. Grips look good and intact as well. Anyone can give me some thought or info? I don’t know much about them.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Gun accessory
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

I think with a light buffing with some oil I think that bluing will really shine.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've got one of these; they're fun. Ask if you can shoot it. Check GB or Guns International for price. I'd guess (without checking myself) about 350 bucks in that condition (looks like a fair amount of freckling), maybe more. All old Colt autos have gotten expensive. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one too and approximately the same year .. ( It was my grandfathers ) I would agree that $ 350-400 is about right .
FWIW
Thanks guys. Guess no wonder he was so willing to trade the Henry frontier suppressor ready lever action rifle new is $600 lol. He had a box of ammo to go with it but may be reconsidering now.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I went ahead with it. The gentleman was very elderly and super nice. Think it was handed down thru his family; he just wanted a 22. It’s a little worse than the pictures showed as far as finish is concerned but it operates as it should. Louisiana/texas humidity took its toll I guess on the outside. The colored case hardening is still visible as well as some fire blue on some parts under the haze. I may try to disassemble, spray it down with Ballistol, let it sit…and then hit it with some more ballistol and steel wool see if it cleans up. Also came with a new box of ammo. Be a sweet little “throw into my basketball shorts pocket gun” to head to store or something!
Hand Finger Camera lens Steering wheel Auto part
Gesture Finger Thumb Gadget Bumper

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I have a little Browning with way less original finish left than yours. I paid $400.00 for it several years ago.

Trigger Air gun Wood Revolver Gun barrel

Your Colt looks very similar to an old FN I had that’s a little bigger than my Browning “Baby.” Based on the caliber; I believe that it's a 1904 Colt. The 1908 Colts were .380 caliber.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I bought one, took it home, and cleaned it. We took it to the gun club. I shot six rounds from the ten-yard line. All six were on target with two in the black. I thought I did pretty good. My wife shot six rounds and put four in the black. She announced it was now her gun.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Mr. WC NH’s grandmother would tell you, “that one there is for close work.”

Reactions: Rick McC.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts