1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Government Model 70 Series IV .45 ACP Colt still packaged in the original plastic bag and coated with an anti-corrosive (cosmoline?). The gun has never been fired since it left the factory in 1977. All the original packing materials and paperwork are included, along with one magazine. The grease has NOT been wiped off the slide, so it looks a little weird in the photos. Asking $1,800 OBO, USPS money order only, no trades. Will ship from my FFL to your FFL only. PM, text or call 701-237-9513.
Red Everyday carry Metal Steel Hunting knife
Gun Firearm Red Trigger Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Red White Trigger
Rectangle Paper Foil Seafood Paper product

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops. I got the designation wrong: it's a Government Model Mark IV, Series 70 with a 5 inch barrel. Also, I can provide more photos on request. Sorry for the mixup.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually think it could look better if I dared wipe off the grease, but when I took it out of the bag to photograph it, I was very careful to not touch any of the metal parts, just the grips. My buddy (who owns the gun) has never even had it out of the bag since he inherited the gun.

·
Registered
7,383 Posts
Hugh, agree the oe finish is beautiful. However there are more than couple that can blow minds. @Chambers Customs for example. So fear not, cut it up and have Joe polish and blue the flats. Check out his work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Josh - Sorry about horse trading. As I mentioned earlier, I don't even own this gun; I'm just trying to sell it for a friend who doesn't have the time to follow the responses I'm getting here and on other forums. Cash is king at this moment.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Josh - Sorry about horse trading. As I mentioned earlier, I don't even own this gun; I'm just trying to sell it for a friend who doesn't have the time to follow the responses I'm getting here and on other forums. Cash is king at this moment.
I totally understand. No worries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I gotta have more cowbell
3,492 Posts
I agree, but wouldn’t it be a shame to do anything that would require messing up the blueing? I would love to send it to someone for the works, but who could put a finish on it like it already has?!
Mr Steve Owens @Integrity Arms could put a nicer looking finish on it without question.

Not saying it ain’t a beauty as is. But Steve does superb work.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts