Colt 1911 Rail Gun

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by DeadEye, Jan 25, 2012.

1. DeadEye

DeadEye Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I am considering purchasing a used 1911 Colt Rail Gun. Very clean... low round count. Haven't purchased anything new from Colt since the Series 70s, which I am very fond of. Are today's Colts well made? Cost effective compared to the competition - $950 asking for this one. Comments from folks who have seen/fired this weapon appreciated.

2. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    Pass - sharp edges - poor CS - poor QC, price is high for used

3. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    They continue to make a very fine 1911. However, all of them do not fall into this category. I would only buy FTF or from someone who can provide detailed pics.

4. GM*

GM* ~

Oct 15, 2011
    I am a "pony" guy, but I do not have any experience with the Colt rail gun. However, I can tell you that, nowadays, Colt’s quality is excellen and they are very cost effective compared to even more expensive firearms.

5. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    I also love the ponies. Eveyone I own and all that I've shot have been great shooters. Most rattle but that doesn't bother me as they run with anything put in them. Is a 950.00 colt a baer, brown, or wilson, no. But used colts hold their resale well and are good not great guns.

6. wichaka

wichaka Member

Sep 8, 2011
  7. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    MC Operator. less sharp edges, night sights stock, and the best customer service in the business.

8. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Love the Rail Gun,....needs a SERIOUS carry bevel job!
    Springer's Operator is outstanding, but they need a stainless steel model.

9. DeadEye

DeadEye Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Good info guys.... thank you.

10. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    what you going to do? ..........................mc operator.....

11. Mythree

Mythree Banned Supporting Addict

Oct 9, 2011
    To many FanBoy's here re: 1911's of any kind these guys don't want to squint bad about any 1911 regardless of what it is - so this is a VERY biased audience. Me I could care less I would rather have a dirty filthy Glock in my hands and $1500 more in my pocket.

So my advice is: - you need to put your hands on one and see first hand - also Google Colt about their QC CS problems. I have a Colt Delta Elite in 10mm seriously the edges are so sharp I think I can literally cut myself. I was unimpressed with the looks of this pistol when I got it in - straight from Colt, to the wholesaler, to me.

This pistol was purchased for resale and is a stock item it is going up for sale ASAP - only bought it cause I could get it - and they are hard to find. I'm sure I will be flamed for these comments but I COULD CARE LESS...!!!

LimbKiller pretty much nailed it in his post above, not great, not horrible, functional for sure and you won't loose any money, if you buy it. I'm merely suggesting you look in person, research the complaints, before you plunk down $900+

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  12. DeadEye

DeadEye Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Not sure of the buy at this point.... I'm going to try and location one locally and see for myself. If I buy, I accept it'll need trigger work. The sharp edges might be a pita. I would need a rail pistol... I currently shoot a LB SRP, an old Colt NM and a SA Loaded. I like'm all w/the nod to the Baer.

13. GeorgiaRedfish

Aug 19, 2011
    I've heard you could cut a tree down with the colt's rail.

14. wichaka

wichaka Member

Sep 8, 2011
    In talking with Colt, it appears they have heard the masses, and will be taking off the edges.

But then having a gun one can shave with wasn't too bad of an idea.

15. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    :rofl2:

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted