1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Go Ahead, Make My Day!
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Paring Down Most of The Guns That I Own and The Special Ones Will Go Here First Before Putting Them Out to Strangers on Gunbrokers. I have 64 Positives Here and Stand Behind Everything.
This One is a Colt Commercial From 1968 Customized By The Great John Giles Who Had the 45 Shop in Odessa Florida. Mr Giles Had Two Trademarks....His "Wagon Wheel" Rear Sight and Also he Would Accurize The Gun By Placing a Weld Inside the Slide to Push The Barrel Tighter Into Battery. Sometime He would do Up to Three Welds. This one Has Two As teh Lasst Picture Shows. Most of His Work Had Full Ribs, Extended Front Sights For Target Work.Many of his Test Targets were One Inch at 50 !!! This Example Has Most of Its Blueing Remaining and Has Seen
Very Limited Range Use,Never Carried Since I got it. Nice 4 pound Pull.No Trades,Need to Sell Guns. Only $1725 Shipped FFL to FFL for this Gem!! Long Layaways Always Possible

·
Registered
84 Posts
My birth year!!!! I have a period custom on a 68 commercial already but this one is weighing heavy on me! I...MUST.....NOT.....LOOK......!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts