1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this gun booked for a build but, the client and I decided on a different route.. So, it's available again for a build spot. A bit tough on the exterior but roll marks are good. It's a 1979 .38 super Cmdr.

The slide to frame fit could be tightened a bit without welding as it's not so bad.. however the frame would need machined for a ramped barrel.

If interested in a spot and 38 super is calling your name this is a perfect beater to turn into a gem. These are not that easily found and maybe I gave a bit much for it as a base but, $800 is the base tag.

Hit me up via PM if interested.
Honestly this thing has potential written all over it.. Nice thick front strap.. great bones all the scuffs etc are very superficial.
E1A48CE2-CA7C-4E09-8287-771F0F9515CC.jpeg
5348AB7D-0AA9-4415-90EE-F08FAA01F6C1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
was surprised to see Jess Jump!!!!
Is that a new dance step?

·
Vendor
1,424 Posts
was surprised to see Jess Jump!!!!
Is that a new dance step?
No dancing I just want his ol beater if he is so inclined to sell. I completely understand if not. I’ll get out of the way and you boys can fight for the build spot.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
No dancing I just want his ol beater if he is so inclined to sell. I completely understand if not. I’ll get out of the way and you boys can fight for the build spot.
@Integrity Arms.... Steve, Jess is good people... If you don't sell the build... sell him the gun.

Reactions: TheWichitaGunClub

·
الواحد
990 Posts
@5pt56
Follow me here boys I’m going places.
9mm ramped barrel conversation
Flush cut and crown the barrel
Front cocking serrations to match the rear
French border
Novak/Rogers/HD retro rear Trijicon front
Rogers golf ball texture or Steve’s 25lpi
Stan Chen gunsmith fit magwell texture to match the front
Beautiful Cocobolo or maple grips
High grip cut all around
High polish DLC, blued or plain ionbond/DLC
A beautifully fit Integrity beaver tail grip safety
Forget females, acquire currency

·
Registered
525 Posts
@5pt56
French border
High grip cut all around
I am tracking!!! Believe me, I was thinking along the same lines! I find it hilarious that you have PG rated your last line...

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
@5pt56
French border
High grip cut all around
Ixnay the FCS and maybe we can talk about this. If it was a decade older, my check would be in the mail already and I could save the shipping on getting Steve the gun. Alas, this is hurting at least as much as the Black Army repo that he listed. You're killing me Steve. Only saving Grace is that Steve's going to build me my first .38 superb, kinda, sorta, super, soon (by our standards at least).

·
الواحد
990 Posts
Ixnay the FCS and maybe we can talk about this. If it was a decade older, my check would be in the mail already and I could save the shipping on getting Steve the gun. Alas, this is hurting at least as much as the Black Army repo that he listed. You're killing me Steve. Only saving Grace is that Steve's going to build me my first .38 superb, kinda, sorta, super, soon (by our standards at least).
While I understand the no FCS for some, its a must have on the Infidel/5pt56 war cannons. Especially since we’re talking vertical Colt cocking serrations!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Figured youd see this and suffer, Im with you on it though. If only, Id have had a check to Steve before you on this build, damn Kaliforniastan

GLWS/Build

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
@Integrity Arms
Steve, just curious, on that first photo on the frame where the blueing has been rubbed off, is that an evidence number engraved into the frame?

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Integrity Arms
Steve, just curious, on that first photo on the frame where the blueing has been rubbed off, is that an evidence number engraved into the frame?
Some one from an Air force unit lightly etched their numbers in there. I took off a little with paper to get a good idea of how deep it is and if it will work out of the dust cover okay and it's pretty light so should come right out.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea good eye! Curious what the number is for!
I actually googled the numbers and letters and it's some sort of Air Force unit. So, who ever had this at one point marked it with their individual numbers. Thinking at one time it probably belonged to someone in reserve or National Guard level service member.

I honestly can't wait to cut this one up. I need to do another .38 super cmdr.. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts