1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not at all trying to toot my own horn here, but this one makes me feel pretty warm and fuzzy inside lol..

I mentioned this gun in my thread how it was for a long standing and respected member as well as for a gentleman who devoted 40 years of his life protecting the lives of others on the mean streets of Baltimore..

Now I frequented Baltimore when I was a teen and believe me it was no joke we used to call it little Chicago..
Well the story continues that the member is a bit up in years and as soon as I got a cancellation I put him in that spot..

I had a little but of a fit with some parts of the gun, but worked through them and in the end was pleasantly surprised how well it turned out.. Now the member @Spokes doesn't say a lot but between him and his lovely better 1/2 they let me know how thrilled they were with the pistol. And Spokes said it was exactly what he was hoping for..

Well he finally got to shoot it today with one of his best friends whom I'm told is the older Fart in the picture lol.. and he is 90
But, it appears the pistol did quite well for him today and I was really stoked to get these pics and thought I'd share..

It does seem that if he can shoot this good now you definitely didn't want him shooting at you back in the day..
Cap Fashion accessory Baseball cap Cool Watch
Everyday carry Material property Metal Steel Hunting knife
Paint Illustration Painting Visual arts Graphic design
Gun Trigger Office equipment Engineering Air gun
Paint Illustration Circle Painting Graphic design
Carmine Illustration Graphic design Symbol Painting

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was just a special work for me all the way around. 1.) he had spend his life serving and protecting others. 2.) has been a member on here since 2011. 3.) He chose me to do the work of any number of great smiths, and even after a few bad experiences elsewhere had the faith and confidence in me to do the job he wanted done.. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and for, and his wife was ecstatic, never heard a gal get so stoked over a gun before.. lol.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Steve, I want to thank you for doing exactly what I want. You did give me a little prompt here and there..I was ecstatic when I opened the box and looked at this beautiful piece of work.
You took the time to talk to me about the project so many times with nary a hint of being bored or wanting to hang up the phone..
I am so happy with the sights, trigger, bluing on and on with all the improvements you made to my Colt. Even when you ran into a problem here and there you called me and discussed it without complaining..
I could not be more happy with this Jewel you made for me..
I should write paragraphs about my experience with Steve Owens, but I am not a person of words. I am sorry for that..
Sheila and I want to thank you again for making my dream come true, and becoming a lifelong friend.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great work Steve! @Spokes has got a sweet gun and one heck of an eye! No one can argue that the guns we see here aren’t awesome, but the friendships are priceless and irreplaceable. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree about the friendships, I have made some really great friends on here. Some a bit closer than others, but distance has no barrier when it comes to the internet... I was just really pleased I was able to deliver this one come with a set of issues I hadn't really seen before, and it took a bit of doing to get it straight, I think I scared poor Spokes into thinking is was going to be a repeat of a past failure or two.. But, all come out in the end.. ;)
Friendships are a valuable and often rare commodity so to speak.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Oh, That's just a small drop of water on the front of the slide...
Oh and thanks for all the great comments from all the addicts about my S.O's Colt...

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
5,411 Posts
Sweet build Steve.

@Spokes .... I loved the story and your new pistol.
Enjoy it in good health!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts