1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Colt Military Model 1905 .45 ACP pistol serial number 5090 (made 1910) which was shipped to Praeger Hardware Co. San Antonio TX on March 27, 1911 and sold to H. N. Moore Co. listed in the 1910 and 1912 San Antonio City Directory as a Sporting Goods Store on 326 West Commerce Street. Also shown is a box of contemporary 200 grain .45ACP ammo.

Brown Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger
Office equipment Silver Stationery Gadget
Text Font Parallel Rectangle Material property
Brown Gun Firearm Photograph Trigger
Office equipment Silver Stationery Gadget
Text Font Parallel Rectangle Material property

Attachments

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Ooh, ahh. The parallel ruler Colts have always stayed about one price jump ahead of my budget.

I wonder if anybody has ever shot period ammo over a chronograph. The old figure of a 200 gr bullet at 900 fps seems optimistic. I once read a speculation that it was really 800 fps but they couldn't bring themselves to correct a favorable early typo.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments; haven't shot this one yet; probably will shoot it at least once to see how it performs. As per the photos; I'm 71 and somewhat of a Luddite with this computer stuff but the photos enlarge when I click on them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.