Colt 6450

Discussion in 'Rifles & Shotguns' started by Kokopelli, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    Anybody got a Colt 6450 (9mm AR)? Or know anything about them.. Ron

2. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    What do you need to know Ron?

3. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I have one, as do 2 of my shooting buddies. We have a big inventory of them at the academy that we use for training.

4. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    How do you like them? Ron

5. Bodyarmorguy

Bodyarmorguy Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I enjoy it. It was one that the academy traded to a local dealer for new guns and they let the instructors buy them back for $650. Mine looks almost new and came with the box and two 32 round mags. I bought a couple of PRo Mag magazines from Brownells and they function flawlessly. It is soft shooting, cheaper to shoot than 5.56. I switched out the handguard, pistol grip and stock to MagPul MOE's. I am going to order a couple of sling attachment points from Impact Weapons Systems and will attach a Vickers Sling, maybe a cantilever optics mount to put a dot in front of the carry handle.

While a pistol caliber carbine is not my first choice as a "go to" gun, again it's fun and fairly cheap to shoot.

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Schütze

Aug 17, 2011
    I'm thinking about a 9mm carbine just so I can have a shoulder-able weapon to shoot at a indoor range or possibly on the farm. Places where a battle rifle cartridge is either not allowed or otherwise awkward. Looks like it's down to the 6450 or a UZI.. Cheers.. Ron

7. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I had an old Oly kit upper with a block that let you use Sten mags for a 9mm AR.

It was a cool range toy but that kit was questionable at best.

A true 9mm AR would be very fun, but the stupid 32 round mags kill it for me. And the fact that the 25 rounders seem to be a pain to find.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted