Colt 6991 9mm SBR, Anybody shot one?

Discussion in 'AR Forum' started by Scotch&1911's, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Scotch&1911's

Scotch&1911's Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2015
    I am thinking on getting one of the 10.5" Colt 6991LE 9mm AR's with removable carry handle. I realize they are straight blowback design, but I have always just loved the old school look of them for some reason. How many of you guys own this model of one of the 16" Colt 9mm carbines. Any issues? Are the Colt 32rd mags decent? Just looking for input.

[​IMG]

WhoIsJohnGalt? and xerts1191 like this.
  2. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    That looks very nice!

Scotch&1911's likes this.

3. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I’ve got an AR9 SBR and honestly I’d take my Sig MPX SBR over it.
    I like the shoot ability of the Sig over the AR9.
    If you do go the AR9 route, the Colt mags are nice, but the Metalforms are about $10 or more less in cost and just as good.
    You can buy Uzi mags for even less, but you have to make a cutout in the body to adapt them to an AR setup.

Scotch&1911's likes this.
  4. Scotch&1911's

Mar 8, 2015
    Yeah I have an MP5 build I am sure shoots nicer than the Colt will. But I just like the classic looking guns I saw growing up, more than the new offerings.

5. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    The Colt is a great shooter. I would suggest sticking with Colt or Metalform, the maker for Colt mags. While one can find the Uzi mags at a lower cost, they don't have the bolt hold open feature and they often are problem some if the cuts aren't perfectly done.

The Colt platform runs well, Ive shot a few of these short 9mms over the years.

6. Scotch&1911's

Mar 8, 2015
    Glad I got one of these. I am guessing Colt will cease production on them. Still in stamp jail though.

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted