1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt 70 series custom built by John Spilborghs out of CA. Hard chromed frame with "short" beavertail grip safety, arched mainspring housing checkered, checkered front strap (guessing 25 LPI), squared and fully checker trigger guard, with ambidextrous stainless safety, original Colt grips. It has a Bar Sto Compensated barrel, using a bushing, well fitted to the slide and a Bomar rear sight, top of slide slightly flattened and serrated, with the front sight mounted on the slide so adding a barrel to have along with the compensated barrel would be easy. I have no ideal of round count and it does show some use but has not been abused. Please email with questions or if a particular picture/close up is needed. I have many more pictures but did not want it to take all day to download this listing.
Colt Left Side.jpg
Colt Right Side.jpg
Colt comp open slide.jpg
Colt Comp Top.jpg
View attachment 214207
There's an article on John Spilborghs' compensated longslide 1911 on page 82 of this old American Handgunner - http://americanhandgunner.com/1981issues/HJA81.pdf
PRICE: $1300 plus $60 shipping with insurance from my FFL to yours. If you are in CA lets talk, shipping would be different as my dealer is not registered in CA.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Offer replied to. Still available.
I should add payment by Paypal Friends & Family or money order. No trades at this time. Thanks to everyone for kind comments.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to add some
Colt frame top 2.jpg
Colt Comp Bottom.jpg
Colt back of slide.jpg
more pictures, especially the back of the slide. I've had a couple of offers but holding firm. I know we all like to get the best deal so just pretend I started out at $1500+ and have dropped it to the rock bottom of $1300 plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Available again. Please note the checkering on the back of the slide is slanted. If I keep it I will replace the extractor as I think it being smooth will keep the slant from jumping out and therefore more pleasing to look at. I have looked at all the other work on the pistol and it is precise, I have no idea what caused the lack of straightness on the slide.
Monday Bump!

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Please see the new pic of the back of the slide with a non-checkered extractor. The checkering on the right rear of the slide is slanted but I believe the checkered extractor was a replacement and it magnified the also slanted checker job. I left in both pics. If it doesn't sell I will be keeping the plain extractor in.
Comp 45 Back of Slide 2.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts