SOLD Colt 70 Series by JS Customs - John Spilborghs Compensated

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Les White, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Colt 70 series custom built by John Spilborghs out of CA. Hard chromed frame with "short" beavertail grip safety, arched mainspring housing checkered, checkered front strap (guessing 25 LPI), squared and fully checker trigger guard, with ambidextrous stainless safety, original Colt grips. It has a Bar Sto Compensated barrel, using a bushing, well fitted to the slide and a Bomar rear sight, top of slide slightly flattened and serrated, with the front sight mounted on the slide so adding a barrel to have along with the compensated barrel would be easy. I have no ideal of round count and it does show some use but has not been abused. Please email with questions or if a particular picture/close up is needed. I have many more pictures but did not want it to take all day to download this listing.
    Colt Left Side.jpg Colt Right Side.jpg Colt comp open slide.jpg Colt Comp Top.jpg View attachment 214207
    There's an article on John Spilborghs' compensated longslide 1911 on page 82 of this old American Handgunner - http://americanhandgunner.com/1981issues/HJA81.pdf
    PRICE: $1300 plus $60 shipping with insurance from my FFL to yours. If you are in CA lets talk, shipping would be different as my dealer is not registered in CA.

2. Alpina9

Alpina9 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2015
    Offer sent

Guy Montag likes this.

3. Charles K. Thompson

Charles K. Thompson Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I used to shoot these. Great guns, accurate and fun.
    ckt

4. Ethank

Ethank Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2017
    That thing is very cool.

5. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Offer replied to. Still available.
    I should add payment by Paypal Friends & Family or money order. No trades at this time. Thanks to everyone for kind comments.

simonp likes this.
  6. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    I wanted to add some Colt frame top 2.jpg Colt Comp Bottom.jpg Colt back of slide.jpg more pictures, especially the back of the slide. I've had a couple of offers but holding firm. I know we all like to get the best deal so just pretend I started out at $1500+ and have dropped it to the rock bottom of $1300 plus shipping.

rmac, limbkiller and FWoo45 like this.
  7. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Are you in CA?

8. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    No in Tennessee.

9. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    This deal on hold until Sunday. May be back available Monday morning.

10. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Available again. Please note the checkering on the back of the slide is slanted. If I keep it I will replace the extractor as I think it being smooth will keep the slant from jumping out and therefore more pleasing to look at. I have looked at all the other work on the pistol and it is precise, I have no idea what caused the lack of straightness on the slide.
    Monday Bump!

11. Manofwood

Manofwood Active Member

Oct 26, 2017
    What part of Tennessee?

12. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
  13. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Please see the new pic of the back of the slide with a non-checkered extractor. The checkering on the right rear of the slide is slanted but I believe the checkered extractor was a replacement and it magnified the also slanted checker job. I left in both pics. If it doesn't sell I will be keeping the plain extractor in. Comp 45 Back of Slide 2.jpg

Whiten likes this.
  14. Haris1

Haris1 Go Ahead, Make My Day! Supporting Addict Sponsor

Feb 6, 2015
  15. Les White

Nov 17, 2015
    Sold Pending Funds

16. CENTURIATOR

CENTURIATOR Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Punisher approved...

[​IMG]

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted