1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this up at my FFL. It's one of the new Colt 70series Mod.01911C-38 Government, 5" N.M Barrel in .38 Super. I've always wanted a 38super and I came across this from a dealer on Gunbroker, and I even got a good deal on it. I haven't shot it yet still need to get some ammo and a couple of Mags. The overall fit and finish is okay, no rattles slide seems nice and smooth with no play, and the Bbl Bushing is tight and the Bbl lock up is really good and snug with no play. The rear of the slide is flush with the frame and the extractor is flush with the slide. The roll marks are okay I wish they would have used the larger ones but I still like the looks. My goal for this is to start breaking it in and then start to replace the internal parts with some quality ones, probably the first thing I'll do is change out the Main Spring Housing, I just can't believe they use a plastic one but that should be an easy fix. Then get the slide cut for some new sights, and some grips. Here are some pics. it's raining and cloudy out so I had to take them inside. Let me know what you think of it and also any advice on the .38super would be appreciated.
Gun Brown Firearm Photograph Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Gun barrel
Gun Firearm White Trigger Line
Wood Hardwood Black Grey Material property
Silver Plastic
Household hardware Metal Silver
Stationery Hardwood Metal Cylinder Wood stain
Technology Beige Hardwood Cameras & optics Plastic

·
Premium Member
8,123 Posts
You're going to really like .38 superb. IMO................ I have been running Mec-Gar mags in a lot of our .38 sups and they seem to feed factory & hand loads fine. reasonable price.
Ammo is a little pricey but look for deals you'll find them.
Congrats on the buy!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guy's, yeah I can't understand why they would use that for the MSH, but I can fix that. Are the frame dimensions the same as the .45 frames, I know the slide is different the reason I ask is I would like to order one of the HARRISON Retro Ignition Parts(retro spur hammer, sear, and disconnector) along with one of his Retro Thumb Safety's, I also have some Wilson Bullet Proof Sear Springs that I keep for my other 1911's but they are all 45's. what weight recoil spring should I get I like to have the basic parts just in case. And one day to have a 9mm. Bbl fit to it, but for now I'm just going to shoot it and break it in hopefully maybe sometime this week or next.

Reactions: Fred_G

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pistolwrench I just now noticed it, I'm not sure it looks like machine marks but I don't know.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Congrats! That's a good looking pistol. I added a new Colt 70s GC 9mm. How can you go wrong.. That's going to be fun popping off some .38 supers. I never have but I think I need to.. hehee. Enjoy !!...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like it has been threaded!
That's 'usually' done on the other end......on the outside.
Not sure I'll get some ammo and do a plunk test and see if it's going to be a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.