Colt 8 rd. 45 mags

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by ferretray, Feb 15, 2019.

1. ferretray

ferretray Member

Jul 24, 2018
    Howdy all. Looking for feedback from folks with experience using Colt 8 round/flush fit . 45 ACP magazines.
    Good or bad, plese share.
    Tia, Ray

2. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    The ones that came with my Colt Competition have been working great, no issues.

Scaramouche and limbkiller like this.

3. retrieverman

retrieverman Well-Known Member

May 16, 2013
    I just bought a couple dozen used stainless Colt mags, and they work great in my Baer, Wilson, and STI.

4. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    They all give up something, in this case springs. To stuff 8 rounds in space designed for 7, something must go. It's either been follower rear shortened or in this case, shorter springs. They WILL fail, to advance rounds in time, lift slidestop. I replace that nonsense with Tripp super seven guts and have a reliable mag. An 8 round 45 mag must be longer to function equally. My .02

Greg45acp and retrieverman like this.
  5. ferretray

ferretray Member

Jul 24, 2018
    8 rounders?
    I was given two of the Colt SS 8 rounders and thought I would ask around about em'. Don't recall having messed with these in the past.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  6. retrieverman

May 16, 2013
    Yes, 8 round Colt mags.

7. retrieverman

May 16, 2013
    I agree and also “upgrade” to Tripp guts whenever I have a mag malfunction more than a couple times. I mark the culprit and try it repeatedly to see if the malfunction was a fluke or a real issue.

8. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    I haven't had any problems with my flush fit 8rd mags whatsoever. I some CMCs and a couple of stainless Colts and I trust them. In fact, the Commander I'm carrying right now has one of the Colt mags in it.

retrieverman likes this.
  9. ferretray

ferretray Member

Jul 24, 2018
    All my current mags are Colt tubes with Tripp 7 rd Upgrade Kits. Work great. I'll test these new mags and carry em' if they make the grade.
    Thanks for your responses all.

william adams likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted