Colt anaconda 45 accuracy stinks

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by Snakebill, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Snakebill

Snakebill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Title says it all. Loads were with tight group 5.5 and 6 grains with acme 255gr coated Keith swc and extreme 255gr plated flat point. It’s not just me, others shot it as well. We were shooting at 25 yards. None of the 4 of us are great shots, but we can group much better with all our other pistols and revolvers. Any ideas. Better powders for 45 colt possibly?

2. Badguybuster

Badguybuster Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2018
    Definitely. Ive had excellent success with CFE pistol and universal

3. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    Try some Trail Boss it will fill more of the very large case.
    Also I think the Anaconda needs a heavy charge of a slow burning powder.

4. Harleyvato

Harleyvato Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2017
    Have you measured the cylinder mouths? I know some S&W revolvers and some Rugers have had cylinder mouths that required.454not.452 projectiles.one of my Smiths has the former and I use a different bullet for it. Hope this helps

Steve B, ~JM~ and Treetop like this.
  5. Apollo99

Apollo99 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    That was a problem with some Anacondas back in the day. I almost bought one on backpage when they were up and running, but didn't want to take a chance on it. There is another forum that is pretty good with all things Colt, There may be some answers there.

6. Snakebill

Snakebill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2018
    On another forum it was suggested to try unique. If anyone local has trail issues or cfe pistol, I’ll grab a pound. If that fails I’ll slug the bore. i really hope this isn’t one of the problem anacondas. It’s a 94 manufacture.

7. Norsemanhp

Norsemanhp Member

Aug 13, 2018
    I had one back in the 90's. Nice revolver but the worst shooting 45 Colt I ever owned.

8. Joni Lynn

Joni Lynn Professional Pest, NRA Patron member

Dec 21, 2014
    I've had more than one Anaconda in 45 Colt and none of them shot well. My 44 Anaconda shot much much better.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted