1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months ago I mentioned getting this pistol for the markings, which after some research proved to be missing some very important features..

Obviously not a real black Army, but close enough that it would imo make a great novelty build as well as a conversation piece. And of course in the meantime it might as well be a helluva shooter.

I'm putting this up for build only currently unless an offering is made as is that makes it worth my wild..

I paid $995 through BBP, then sent the pistol off to Brian Powely for the added engraving. I will build this as a simple base line gun or go all out, it's up to you. Base price is $1200.00 This price reflects only exactly what I have in the pistol currently. The sky is the limit here. There were only 750 of these made and I'm pretty certain out of the 750 this is the only one that is now more period correct..

I could really use to move this one to help with my shop and machine upgrades. Surely someone has some ideas if they actually got a hold of a 1918 gun or replica of such..

The other draw to this imo is the 1911 style frame over the A1 design, which I favor immensely over the A1..

Barrel is marked as well. View attachment 437807
1D22D5EC-CA3F-42AF-9859-7938F9A7307A.jpeg
9D366F1C-4032-42AB-B9B7-4885C175A6FA.jpeg
3CE4E597-D0C6-4BB4-A000-4FB0D0F8D582.jpeg
9AA55FBB-CAD1-4CD6-BD86-30128F03767E.jpeg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
9C2882D9-0EDE-45EA-B9BE-E191C29D6BAC.jpeg

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I looked into doing this as well but went another direction. This would make an awesome base gun for a retro build.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looking into doing this as well but went another direction. This would make an awesome base gun for a retro build.
That was my thought process when I bought the pistol, really surprises me nobody has jumped on this. On top of it being a great base for a retro, it also would make a fantastic gift, and while not original it's a great reminder of the history surrounding the platform. Adding the Pony and the United States property in my mind made it even more legit. But, I guess the right person just hasn't seen it yet.

On top of that Brian done a fantastic Job on the pony for sure.

·
الواحد
805 Posts
That was my thought process when I bought the pistol, really surprises me nobody has jumped on this. On top of it being a great base for a retro, it also would make a fantastic gift, and while not original it's a great reminder of the history surrounding the platform. Adding the Pony and the United States property in my mind made it even more legit. But, I guess the right person just hasn't seen it yet.

5pt56 and I have been talking about it and thinking about. I literally have enough projects and silly ideas going on to keep you busy for 5years. I need to get some stuff finished before I take on more.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5pt56 and I have been talking about it and thinking about. I literally have enough projects and silly ideas going on to keep you busy for 5years. I need to get some stuff finished before I take on more.
This would make a seriously nice retro build for sure and the fact that it is a one of a kind out of the 750 produced it should make it worth a touch more in the long haul..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

100% This is the pistol Colt should have put out. I as going to get one but then saw no Pony and no US Property mark so I picked up a good deal on O1911C.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If a frog had wings he wouldn't BUMP his @$$ on the ground lol ;) Nobody want a nice replica tricked out as a sleeper? A nice quiet Retro bullseye accurate gun? I know someone is out there just stop thinking about it and pull the trigger already haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts