1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
9,011 Posts
Lots of features on that one for sure. I'm thinking there is some real "food for thought" on my part.
Thanks for the progress pics.

· Good/Fast/Cheap
4,402 Posts
that will be a very enjoyable gun to carry!

I really like what you did with that rear sight. It may be silly, but there’s nothing more annoying to me than seeing a fully custom gun that’s assembled with a ton of parts that are very easily identifiable. Making a rear sight of your own design (or modifying) is a bit deal to me. Fantastic profiling, beautiful shadow box. Very well done!

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool smithing. Lots of details. What Grip safety is that? What rear sight did you modify and do you sell the rear sight? Nice blaster to look at. Thanks for sharing.
Les Baer - with mods .

I don't recall who's rear sight that particular one was - I just start milling with a 3/8 or 1/4 end mill and come up with something that looks good to me , I usually get rid of all the badging if there is any and go for a kinda belt hook look . I sell them on my builds , but no 2 are the same .

Thanks

Kirk

· Registered
11,316 Posts
This is really something special, it's nice to see a new smith with courage. I love the French Border treatment, the round butt on a short officers frame, the aggressive bevels', hi-power cuts, bob-nose and rear sight. Whoever this is for is going to stand mighty tall and be mighty proud.

CT Brian has made a career on doing things untraditional, to say I like this would be an understatement

• Love
Reactions: BattlebornNV

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is really something special, it's nice to see a new smith with courage. I love the French Border treatment, the round butt on a short officers frame, the aggressive bevels', hi-power cuts, bob-nose and rear sight. Whoever this is for is going to stand mighty tall and be mighty proud.

CT Brian has made a career on doing things untraditional, to say I like this would be an understatement
Thanks for the kind words of encouragement !
But to be honest and transparent the only new about me is the great people I've come in contact with on this board !
IDK about the courage thing -but in principle and practice there's really nothing new under the sun . 😁😁

Thanks for looking ,

Kirk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts