Colt CCU 9mm and Nighthawk Chairman range report

Discussion in 'Range Reports & Reviews' started by CFII, Mar 27, 2019.

1. CFII

CFII From Rotor trash to Airline trash

Nov 2, 2013
    So I took my new NH Chairman (6" 9mm) to the range for its first time today. I lubed it with ALG very fine grease, and that was it. I shoot 500rds of a mix of Fiocchi 115gr, Magtech 115gr, Blazer brass 115gr, and Winchester NATO 124gr. The magazines I used were the factory CMC 10rd, Brownells 10rd, Colt 9rd, and Metalform 9rd.

The pistol shot flawlessly. Smooth, fast, and flat shooting. It worked 100%, and I got it hot enough that I couldnt touch the slide after a while. The pistol is very, very accurate, which it should be for the cost and pedigree. I am very happy with the pistol so far.

The Colt CCU went to the range the second time today with me. First outing was last week, and was great, but I had some erratic ejection with some brass to the face. After that range trip I tensioned the extractor and installed a 10lb Wolff spring. I shot 200rds through it today, and it was flawless. Super consistent ejection patten around 4 o clock. Fast and smooth shooting, and the sights are fantastic. For just over $1k, I think the pistol is a steal.

Overall, I dont know what took me so long to try 9mm 1911s, but man are they spectacular to shoot.

[​IMG]fullsizeoutput_17ef by Austin Scott, on Flickr

2. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Congrats on the range day and glad you got the Colt squared away!

cwoods likes this.

3. CFII

Nov 2, 2013
    Yea, I was surprised how easy it was to do a quick tension on it and go. I know the CCU has mixed results, and I paid for mine, but damn if its not a great pistol. Its a bullet hose, it hardly has any recoil, and the finish and overall style is stunning to me at least.

Old Sea Dragon, cwoods and BR549er like this.
  4. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2018
    Congrats on the excellent NHC, thanks for posting it.

I'm blowing the guts out of my 9MM CCU. I also had to tension the extractor. It's still factory stock.

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  5. CFII

Nov 2, 2013
    Yea, I was just telling my wife I would love the trigger to be 2lbs lighter and have a blackened barrel, but I think its going to stay bone stock. I plan on shooting it until it dies. Its nice to see a factory production gun work so well, and shoot so well.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted