Colt Combat Elite Commander

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by 1811RET, Oct 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. 1811RET

1811RET Active Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I just ordered a hard to find Colt Combat Elite Commander, stainless steel with the two tone effect, and am anxiously expecting it to arrive by the middle of next week. Does anyone else have one of these fine looking pistols, and if so, provide some feedback/thoughts regarding the overall quality of the pistol.
    Thanks

1L26 likes this.
  2. Howe45acp

Howe45acp Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I picked one up at the end of September. The rear sight set screw was missing. A fellow addict was kind enough to send me a rear sight with screw, Thanks again @bnaples!
    The slide locking lug closest to the ejection port has the front & rear edges rolled off. I'm not sure if this will cause any issues or not, I'm still on the fence about sending it back to Colt or just stuffing it in the safe.
    I would field strip your CE when it comes in & look everything over real close before you fill out any paperwork.
    Mine did ship with 2 magazines even though the listing from Colt says it only comes with 1 magazine.

FWoo45 and bnaples like this.

3. 1811RET

1811RET Active Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Thanks for the advice, Howe. As I am sure everyone has done at some point, when the pistol arrives, you just want to go shoot it and forget the small details. With a pistol that cost over $1000, you would hope that you wouldn't be dealing with those problems.
    I would send it back to Colt and have them fix the issues. If you are going to just stick it in the safe anyway, you wouldn't miss it while Colt is making it right.

Old Sea Dragon likes this.
  4. Raptor83

Raptor83 New Member

Nov 6, 2018
    Any updates? Curious if you got it and what your thoughts on it are.

monadh likes this.
  5. monadh

monadh Sapientiae Timor Domini Initium

May 8, 2012
    ^^^^^^This

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted