1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I made mention in my photo thread that I am ready to do some expansion with the shop and papa needs some more tooling, fixtures and machinery. So, I am going to be selling off some of my own personal inventory to raise some extra money. Please don't beat me up too bad guys lol

I have a 1982 combat government Colt. As far as I can tell everything is proper. Except extractor and newer springs. Gun doesn't appear to have been abused or fired extensively, as there is very little barrel or feed ramp wear, and bluing shows some scuffs and a few scratches but, otherwise is in pretty good condition. From my understanding they did several different grips on these models and some were serrated on the front strap, some smooth etc.. etc..
But, anyway I'll let the pics speak for themselves. I have not personally fired this gun. But, everything seems to function as it should. Has the collet bushing and will come with one 8rd colt magazine Shipped to your FFL $1,250 OBO... Okay $1,200 shipped

If you'd like any specific pics let me know. Just freshly cleaned up and oiled..
Finger Gun Firearm Trigger Black
Finger Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory
Finger Technology Magenta Purple Violet
Stationery Pen Writing implement Shadow Walking shoe
Finger Nail Thumb Bottle Flesh
Finger Skin Muscle Thumb Nail
Finger Metal Grey Material property Nail
Finger Bicycle accessory Carbon Composite material Steel
Finger Electric blue Thumb Plastic
Finger Thumb Nail Composite material Everyday carry

I will be away for the rest of the afternoon, but will respond to any questions etc.. when I return.. The first I'll take it based on the clock, get's it. If a PM comes with I'll take it the clock rule will apply. The Early Bird Gets the WORM LOL... Mucho more to come once I can get photos and decide how many are going to go..

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
1,341 Posts
Serrations are correct on this model although the Pachmayrs should have a front section that covered them up. The trigger should be long, solid, and blued. Nice gun

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Serrations are correct on this model although the Pachmayrs should have a front section that covered them up. The trigger should be long, solid, and blued. Nice gun
Talking to Karl Beining about this he said they were all over the place in the 80's I did wonder about the grips, he said they used wood then as well. It does appear the grips were trimmed probably to expose the serrations I'd say. I do have a trigger that's period correct if if was the long blued have about 4 of em from that era, probably added that to match the hammer. It is an older trigger for sure and looks to be colt made as it has the same machine cuts as others I have.

Actually the long trigger I have is a black 3 hole as well with no over travel screw. I have a medium black solid..

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Steve What makes the combat government model different than a std. Government model?
Mike I am nowhere near as versed on the Colt Models and makes as many others on here, I know there were a whole lot less of these made, which make them not only harder to come by, but obviously a bit more valuable from a collectors stand point.. It does have a straight serrated mainspring housing, white outlined rear sight, better front sight, serrated front strap. But, beyond that Sir people like @Karl Beining or possibly @gunfighter45 would be better equipped to answer that line of questioning. Possibly what would of been some upgrades as far as some other small details.

The only thing I could find in my book is that it had modification done for combat style shooting and was the forerunner for the Combat Elite.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
11,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
“Let me live the next few minutes well…”
1,341 Posts
This was the first Colt with really usable fixed sights from the factory IIRC. These, the throating, serrations, and the flat mainspring housing were “high speed” lol. There was a Series 80 Combat Government that was much the same before the introduction of the Combat Elite.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts