1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Go Ahead, Make My Day!
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unusual Colt Government as built by Giles. Someone wanted a Target/Carry as the usual rib is not present. Those who know Giles are aware that his accuracy was an inch or less at 50. The 6 picture (at slidelock)shows the weld that he would put inside the slide to push the barrel into a tighter lockup when going into battery. Its tight at the back end and tight at the front end.I am sure these grips were modified by Giles as they match the frontstrap!
Nice old school touch!
This is offered at my cost with a return priviledge as my guarantee that i want you to be satisfied.$1655(my cost) shipped to your FFL.
Layaways up to 120 days if you need it.

·
JCooperfan
141 Posts
Today’s feel good story. A few years ago I sold a Giles to find a rather expensive musical instrument for my son. Rather expensive as in north of 12k. Had to sell a few other toys as well. The Giles belonged to a good friend who I worked with for years. When I saw this one I thought it looked similar to the one I sold. Went downstairs to the records room and sure enough it not only looks similar, it is the same one. There used to be a trigger shoe on it. However serial number is the same. My son earned a scholarship to college, and the Giles is finding its way back home. Time for a Guinness.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Today’s feel good story. A few years ago I sold a Giles to find a rather expensive musical instrument for my son. Rather expensive as in north of 12k. Had to sell a few other toys as well. The Giles belonged to a good friend who I worked with for years. When I saw this one I thought it looked similar to the one I sold. Went downstairs to the records room and sure enough it not only looks similar, it is the same one. There used to be a trigger shoe on it. However serial number is the same. My son earned a scholarship to college, and the Giles is finding its way back home. Time for a Guinness.
Man that's awesome!

Reactions: cghelton

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
That’s called karma brother.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Great story, great looking gun, good karma!!

Interesting rear sight, keep looking at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts