1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I bought a Gold Cup Trophy Lite in 38 Super in 2018. Nice pistol for the money. Has double recoil springs and a non metallic MSH. In 2017 I bought a blued GCNM in 9mm. Very nice for the money and it has a single recoil spring and a steel MSH. Also has the heavier (not "pencil") barrel and the longer 9mm ejector. Sadly my photobucket is still messed up so can not show pictures of them easily. Will try upload of the 2018 GCT Lite field stripped soon after I bought it.

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Black

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colt does not use ramped barrels in 9 mm and 38 super was wandering if they ran very well i only shoot reloads so i could adjust them to help with feeding issues . Colt does use plastic msh in some models and i have heard about pencil thin barrels in some the gct has a magwell and fsc witch i like on most models.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
The Colts seem to work fine. The GCT Lite is my 3rd 38 Super. The first one was a 2009 XSE LW Commander and the second a 2012 or so Colt 1991 Gov in 38 Super. With 9mm Colts I always use the mags with the spacer at the back. Some of doing that is also related to the long ejector Colt uses for 9mm. Below on my 2017 GCNM field stripped soon after I got it.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.