1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So was looking over a local shop and they listed a Colt Grizzly. I honestly had no idea what it was but seems to be a Python with an unfluted cylinder and porting. Limited production too ~1,000 made. I was a little shocked at the asking price, $14,000.

I thought it was a misprint but is the actual pricing. I must be really out of touch or this is really that much of a collector's idea. I am going to watch and see how long until it sells.

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
I just looked at those pics. Looks like a Colt Trooper with a Python style barrel. Look at the cylinder ratchet and the rim on the back of the cylinder. That does not look Python to me.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Someone has been smoking some good stuff, sorry but I just don't get it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So was looking over a local shop and they listed a Colt Grizzly. I honestly had no idea what it was but seems to be a Python with an unfluted cylinder and porting. Limited production too ~1,000 made. I was a little shocked at the asking price, $14,000.

I thought it was a misprint but is the actual pricing. I must be really out of touch or this is really that much of a collector's idea. I am going to watch and see how long until it sells.
Not a Python. It’s just a mid-1990s King Cobra with a Magnaported Python barrel and a non-fluted cylinder — in other words, a thoroughly mediocre revolver.

But mediocrity has never deterred the hardcore Colt collectors from paying stratospheric prices for “limited edition” Colt wheelguns from the 1980s and 1990s. See the Boa (Trooper Mark V with Python barrel and Royal Blue finish) and, to a somewhat lesser extent, the Kodiak (Anaconda with Magnaported barrel and non-fluted cylinder).

https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...consecutively-numbered-colt-boa-357-revolvers

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/74/701/colt-kodiak-double-action-revolver-with-box

1 - 12 of 12 Posts