1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you saw my WTB ad and the subsequent ad for a Milt Sparks 55BN. Well.. here are some quick gun shop pics today. I have wait about 3 days for the NICS check to be completed.

First impression, this is a well designed and assembled weapon. I’ve read some models differ depending on where you source them from. I got lucky with this one, tritium front night sight and the factory blue box IS marked Custom Shop. I’ll post most pics with the holster next week when I take her to the range. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I’m not seeing it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the range today and shot about 115 rounds. The gun functioned flawlessly. I’m not to pleased with my grouping, not sure if it’s a combination of a short trigger and the sights but I was low left. I have Ameriglo Agents on my carry Glocks and I think I am able to see better with those. Anyway, great gun and I was able to easily qualify. I did change the mainspring out with an Wd Brown 25 lpi checkered one and I’m sure I will be looking for new sights. I’ll attach some pics.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For some reason pics are not loading. Anyone have any recommendations for sights similar to Ameriglo Agents with Orange front sight. Closest I’m finding is Trijicon HD.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
IMG_8230.jpg

IMG_8232.jpg

So unfortunately this was my first 9 rounds. I’m not happy, I’m new to 1911s and with my Glock 19 I know I would have a tight group in the black. That being said, I have large hands and think switching to a large trigger would help. Probably get an Ed Brown since I put his mainspring in. My Wiley Clapp Gov has the 3 hole long trigger and shoots great. I also had some difficulty picking up the sights. I think the best option would be the Trijicon HDs with Orange front sight. Since this came from the Custom Shop , I was hoping to leave it alone but I think I would have better trigger control with a large trigger. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... look what the UPS guy just dropped off! Sent my new Colt Gunsite to Greg Derr for some work. He replaced the trigger with a long Videki with a full action job. He also replaced and fitted a EGW thumb safety and crowned the barrel and fit a EGW bushing. Also had him put on a set of Trijicon HD sights. I am ecstatic, pistol looks and more importantly feels amazing. I highly recommend Greg for any work you are considering. Here are some quick pics.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I really like the barrel crown! It just cleans up the front of a 1911 in my opinion. I had a CGP Commander, as I get older I prefer all steel for my .45 but it was a great pistol. Sold it, went to the Government version (twice but that's another story LOL).

Fyi I sent the slide from my Gunsite to Novak and these are the sights I ended up with:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those sights are nice. I find I need the bright Orange front with a U notch or wide rear now. Who makes
Those grips?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts