1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was my carry gun for awhile before I got my Talon 2. Stainless Colt Commander. I did some work on it and then sent it to Bob Reeves at Nighthawk and did the rest.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Very nice!

Reactions: colrhino

·
Registered
266 Posts
Damn, they sure do a fantastic job on the Colts! I had about sworn off Colts after getting several that had very shoddy fit/finish until I found my TALO CCG model at a gunshow. I sure wouldn’t hesitate now though to get a Colt and send it directly to Nighthawk for their TLC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very nice!! Can I ask, how long they had your Colt? I'm sending them my Springer at the end of the summer and was just curious.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Nice. My Wiley Clapp is still there as we speak . Been there for 3 months now with LOTS of upgrades (Almost $2k)
Bob Reeves told me it will take another month or so. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice!! Can I ask, how long they had your Colt? I'm sending them my Springer at the end of the summer and was just curious.
Turn around was just a month, don't know now coming off the Corona thing if they are still that fast.
Also watch what you have done or it will end up cheaper just to buy a new Nighthawk.
If I remember right the work I had done was about $900.
So I got about 2 grand into this gun including the price of the gun

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TTAC how do you like your talon II?
Love the Talon II, trigger is to die for and the gun is stupid accurate.
Look on Collectors firearms, they get some real nice used top end guns like Wilson and Nighthawk.
I bought the Talon used for $2900, detailed stripped and cleaned it with Gunscrubber, reassembled and lubed it.
When I reassembled I dropped in a Nighthawk spring kit .The Kit replaces the recoil, firing pin, and main springs.
So you end up with a new nighthawk for under 3 grand and that's a deal!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts